M14 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:) Here's a picture of the two I currently have. One is a Springfield Mil Spec which is a lot of gun for the money, and a 1951 Argentine Army Sistema Colt. I just picked the Sistema up last weekend at a gun show here in Ohio. I wasn't really looking for one because I had my mind set on saving for a SA Operator, but when I saw this one, I couldn't resist. plus the dealer was desperate to sell something. So after I sold a Auto Ordnance M1 Carbine, this beauty went home with me. I cleaned her up and she is beautiful ;D! The deep blueing is mesmerizing and she looks like she wasn't shot very much. I am having problems getting the mainspring housing off. It won't budge. Is there a way to nudge it off using a rubber mallet?

·
Senior Chief, U. S. Navy, Ret
407 Posts
The Sistema Model 1927 .45 autos are very nice pistolas. Presume yours is marked "Ejercito Argentina" which translates to Argentine Army. Others are marked to indicate Argentine Air Force or Navy. The caliber designation is 11.25mm as I recall which is the same as the .45 ACP. Look very closely in the area of the mag release on the left side of the frame. Do you see the initials "JLD?" JLD Enterprises in Connecticut was a major importer of these pistols.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Beautiful Systema!

I have used a plastic dead blow hammer to whack them loose. Some are REALLY tightly fitted.

·
Senior Chief, U. S. Navy, Ret
407 Posts
Good article on the Sistema Model 1927 by Garry James in the February 2011 issue of Guns & Ammo magazine for those of you interested. Got my copy in the mail just couple days ago....should be hitting the newstands soon.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts