M14 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a question about the 4th generation steel scope mount that SA makes.

I ordered one for my SA m1a scout so I could put a variable power scope on my rifle. I mounted it on my rifle and through a burris fullfield2 3-9x on it with burris xtr low rings.

with a laser bore sight across the room at maybe 20 feet the scope is left, putting the dot low and right far enough that I barely have enough windage adjustment in the scope to get the laser centered on the cross hair.

I haven't bothered to take it to the range to shoot yet because i'm sure at 100 yards I won't even be on paper.

Any thoughts on how to resolve this? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Without looking at it in hand, it'd be hard to say. However, if it's off that much, you should be able to pull some fishing line tight across that mount to see if it lines up with your irons. Maybe it's just a bur on the slot that could use a stoning. Did you tighten the receiver bolt prior to torqing the clip guide? Worst case would be having to send it all to Springfield and have them fit it properly but it would be done right.

I've been waiting to hear what good things were coming with the 4th gen mount cause I personally had bad luck with a couple of 3rd generation mounts a while back. Please update what you find wrong. Lots of us are waiting for the 4th gen trend.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Hello, I have a question about the 4th generation steel scope mount that SA makes...

with a laser bore sight across the room at maybe 20 feet the scope is left, putting the dot low and right far enough that I barely have enough windage adjustment in the scope to get the laser centered on the cross hair...
Does the laser bore sighter fit in the chamber or slide through the muzzle brake and into the barrel? If it goes up front, most lasers are meant to center themselves on the muzzle. Unless the alignment of the brake is absolutely perfect (which isn't likely), the laser will magnify any misalignment of the brake.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts