M14 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this interesting.
Wife is getting me a 9mm setup for my Dillon for Christmas.
I was thinking of pulling the trigger on a M&P 9mm full size after the first the year. I have really been impressed with the Shield line of M&Ps.

I think I may have to wait this out and see if these are more than vapor ware.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/12/17/smith-wesson-mp-m2-0/

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
If your in the market for a full size polymer 9mm I don't see how you could go wrong. I got my dad a shield in 9mm last year. He said it felt like a toy, but I thought it shot pretty good the trigger was nice for a gun that size and price.

·
Registered
7,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If your in the market for a full size polymer 9mm I don't see how you could go wrong. I got my dad a shield in 9mm last year. He said it felt like a toy, but I thought it shot pretty good the trigger was nice for a gun that size and price.
I'm a big 1911 fan and carried one for 20+ years and still do on occasion.

Bought my wife a 9 Shield, then I bought me one after shooting hers.

Then just a month ago I bought the new 45 Shield and its an excellent shooter.

The Shield line is one of the best things S&W ever did.

·
Registered
7,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Was heading back to Nastyville from Manchester TN today and stopped at the Outpost Armory, exit 89 on I-24.

The M&P 2.0s are out in the stores now.
I got to finger and dry fire a full size 9 & the 5"(FDE) 9mm.

Wow, the trigger is night and day difference between the M&P 1st Gen and the 2.0s. Felt like 4 to 4.5 with a clean crisp break and a good reset feel. They have definitely topped that god awful smushy Glock trigger with this one.

The new grip texture was outstanding, over all build quality looked good, I'm impressed so far.

I can see a full size 9 and maybe a .45 2.0 in my future.

Reactions: Deacon

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
There is a gun store in Cleveland GA that has these pistols for sale for well under $500, if anyone is interested I will look up the phone number and post it for you. I like the beaver tail feature. I haven't shot one one yet, so I'm just talking.

·
Registered
766 Posts
My stick guns as a kid had better triggers than glocks. How's it stack up against Sig's P320 or HK VP9?
I've been an avid M&P and Sig guy for many, many years, and I hate Glocks also. Not so much that I don't own 2 in 10mm, however.

The New 2.0 version is a much needed improvement on the M&P line up. It has a tactile, audible trigger reset with a little 'mush' when you first engage the trigger. However, I'm in the process of finding out how many rounds it takes for that to smooth out ... as it DOES go away after a few rounds. If after 500 rds. the 'mush' is still there ... I'm going to break it down and give it a once over with Mother's Polish and fix it that way.

All in all ... the 2.0 is well worth the price, and with the intro pricing going on right now .... definitely worth a buy over the version 1.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.