M14 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Picked up this 1977 ex police 39-2 at the LGS for $ 430

They were using Sig P220, same as the Swiss army. So I asked the LGS who is a former cop, he was even in the local SWAT. Basically it was down to price, the Smith was 300 Swiss francs cheaper.

GV is for Gendarmerie Vaudoise (Vaud being the state I live in, in Western Switzerland)

25 m, not great so far

This is my ex Police Lausanne P220 also from 1977

·
Registered
89 Posts
Nice score! I've got a "59 variant", & carried it, "from new, till a switch up, back to .45 acp", for some time. Didn't get a "plastic frame gun" till 2012. I "LIKE", metal frame's!!

·
Registered
593 Posts
I've got a 39-2 that's a bit older. Roughly 316k lower in s/n and in pretty minty shape including the original box. Only thing different is the rear sight which is an MMC, but I have the original one too as well as three mags. Maybe try a different drop-in rear with a nicer sight picture to tighten up your groups and/or use some white (or preferred colour) on the front sight ramp.
When I field stripped it to clean and lube it, I was AMAZED at how light the alloy frame was. Felt like a piece of paper.

·
Banned
138 Posts
Have a S&W 39 that I picked up used about 1981. back when everybody was switching from revolvers to 9mm SAs. Paid about $150-$175 more than 30 years ago.

Originally used it for CCW, but now relegated to bedside drawer duty. Lots of holster wear, but has been reliable and reasonably accurate.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts