M14 Forum banner

S.A. Scout/Bush barrel questions ???

802 6
I am in the process of buying a used S.A. Bush barrel . It is described as having a T&E OF 2 . Now I have been told that this is considered new for a non USGI commercial barrel.Is this true??? What is the expected round count out of this non-chromelined barrel.Also what oprod guide is used for this???? Thanks Ray
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1,843 Posts
RAYGUN said:
I am in the process of buying a used S.A. Bush barrel . It is described as having a T&E OF 2 . Now I have been told that this is considered new for a non USGI commercial barrel. Is this true??
Thanks Ray
I bet he'll sell ya the Golden Gate Bridge for $1000 too.

That's not new

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The seller of this barrel didnt describe it as bieng new. I am sorry for the confusion. He just described it as having a T&E of 2. I had a few seperate conversations with people who seemed pretty knowledgable. According to there info this could be new or at least minimal usage .
Warbird would you consider this too worn? I was planning on using this on a Norinco receiver/USGI build ! Whats your opinion(or anybody who can educate me)
Thansk in advance. Ray

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the advice., I already purchased this used barrel. I will guage it when I receive it. The seller e-mailed me this morn that it guages less then 2 on a T&E ....some people have trouble describing items I guess. He says it has less then 300 rds fired. I got a good price on it so I am happy (hopefully)
I do intend to send this build to Tim Strait . I have a Norinco rec. TRW bolt,oprod and all USGI small parts . I even have a USGI flashhider w/bayolug.
Should be a nice legal preban for my great but not so gun freindly state.
Thanks Ray

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I realize I cant use the bayonet.... :mad: but thats ok I just like the look anyway. I have a S.A. inc Scout muzzle brake . I just think the USGI flashhider looks better. I already have a Scout rifle (wich I love). It has the Smith Ent. cyl lock front sight and I plan on getting the quick disconnect vortex flashhider to go along with it.
I I wanted this rifle to be a Bush type so I am pretty sure the USGI flashhider is what they came with or at least a repro.
I already had most of the parts for this rifle . I wanted to keep the overall cost down so I went with a Chinese receiver and the used barrel ( hopefully not too used)

I am having Tim repark the whole rifle so it has that nice dark parkerizing he does so well.
I am getting all worked up thinking about it.
Ray

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.