M14 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys I figured some of you may like this.. I have had a few Hi Powers over the years and they were all good guns but I was not attached to any of them. Then one day a close friend called me up and asked if I wanted this gun.
I took it apart and cleaned the sand out of it. The outside has almost no finish on it and is partly rusted. The inside mechanics are in good shape but the rails have grind marks in them from what looks like a long life time of sand inside. I was moving some handguns around last night and pulled it out and figured some of you may like it. The barrel and slide don't match the frame number but I don't mind seeing how it has some character and an interesting story.

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
Interesting. BHP's are all over the world.

FWIW, I wouldn't be saying that much info on a public venue.

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
Very Cool all around. Enjoy your new toy!

·
In the gilded halls of Valhala
13,515 Posts
well now im just curious what was deleted...

·
Rest in Peace
17,536 Posts
That looks like a former military or police HP since it has the ring on the frame. Could be someone got a bunch of tade ins & did mix & match to get some working & for sale. That would be my guess.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am not an expert on these by any stretch of the imagination. I know it has what feels like an 18lb+ trigger. A friend offered to re checker the grips but I kinda like them how they are all worn.

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Looks like an Argentine contract BHP, a lot of them were unmarked but were well used.

·
Rest in Peace
17,536 Posts
Something to consider is patents. Browning made the 1911 with a grip safety as that is what the US contract called for so was part of the patent. The P-35 was designed with a mag safety as that is what the French contract called for & so part of the patent.
Fortunately, with the Hi Power the mag safety is easily removed.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Cool! I picked up one in Mogadishu that was in comparable shape. The owner couldn't use it anymore (Hah!) so it became mine. I Shoe Goo'ed a holster inside my flak jacket and wore it as a backup for months. When I rotated out, I traded it to an incoming Army Ranger, who more than likely was part of Blackhawk Down/The Mogadishu Mile. I hope he was able to sneak it home.

You ever wanna get rid of that rough cob, let me know!

·
Rest in Peace
17,536 Posts
I had bought a FM Detective upper when they were $165. So needed a project gun for the lower. Bought a FEG in similar shape to the above. After going over it decided wanted nothing to do with the FEG & traded it in for a new MKIII. Later found a FN for cheap in similar shape to the above. Couldn't get it to work correctly. Turned out someone had put the wrong firing pin spring in it. Slide actually had serious pits in it on the top. Slide is put up incase I need & the little Detective is my normal CCW.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Like I tell everyone, remove the darn mag safety & it will feel like you had a trigger job done.
Yeah I did see where you said that. I expected a standard roll pin but this seems to have a solid pin that is a tough one to get out.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Cool! I picked up one in Mogadishu that was in comparable shape. The owner couldn't use it anymore (Hah!) so it became mine. I Shoe Goo'ed a holster inside my flak jacket and wore it as a backup for months. When I rotated out, I traded it to an incoming Army Ranger, who more than likely was part of Blackhawk Down/The Mogadishu Mile. I hope he was able to sneak it home.

You ever wanna get rid of that rough cob, let me know!

This one does have a similar background.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts