M14 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this rifle several years ago and shot probably no more than 50 rounds through it. Here in California this is a deadly man killing assault weapon because of the thumbhole stock. I have searched around and don't seem to be able to find a wood stock for it (without thumbhole). I also have the Russian scope for it.....it has the ability to light up the reticules for night shooting. Magnification is 4x24.
Anyone have any experience with this rifle? Any suggestions as to where I can find a Cali-legal stock?

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
I guess the suggestion to move from Kommiefornia is out?

I think check on thehighroad.org or akfiles.com

Reactions: Rileyo63

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wish that was possible. My son lives in Maryland, has a range about 3 miles from his house where you can shoot about anything. I go to the range here and I can't believe the weird looking things the people are shooting! AR's and AK's that are California legal. Need some kind of tool to remove the magazine!

·
Registered
8,705 Posts
That is a company that makes anything stock wise you would need for the AK. They will probably have something for you and I think they are out west too.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I can vouch for Ironwood. Only dealt with them once about a year or so ago. I ordered a new standard dark oak set for my AK. The guy (Matt I believe, could be wrong) was very easy to work with and answered all of my questions prior to ordering. Got the set a few weeks later and the wood was beautiful. Didnt require any fitting but I realize with the specs of different mfg AKs that can change.

Overall it was a good purchase and I'll recommend them to anyone. They also have a nice tutorial on their site about applying a finish to wood and are willing to answer any questions you might have

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My first attempt at a camo paint job. Too expensive to have a custom stock made right now so I'm thinking over several suggestions on what to do with the thumbhole. I may just tape it up. I really don't want to permanently modify the hole.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Have you tried a factory standard Saiga stock?I see you have an angle cut on the receiver but you can probably fill/shape in the voids on the stock with epoxy then hit with krylon fusion paint for plastics...[edit]..I see your looking for wood...sorry

·
Registered
116 Posts
I'll throw out another "+1" for Ironwood. I've dealt with Matt a few times and have always been very happy with their product and service. Do keep in mind, however, that some items are truly a custom deal and it may take a couple/few weeks to get it. It has always been worth the wait, however.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.