M14 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just got a brand new special edition Ruger 10/22 to use this summer for An Appleseed shoot. I looked over the standards and THE SPECIAL EDITION HAD EVERYTHING I WANTED TO PUT ON THE STANDARD. Sling mounts, Peep sights and a rail for a scope. Does anyone have one of these new rifles? This version does not have a barrel band. so got it all on sale for $219 same price as the regular price for the standard with no need to buy the extra parts. So far she seems to be a shooter.

·
Registered
4,746 Posts
M1ANEWBY,

Is that the "anniversary" (which I think became the "collector's") model #21125? I think it has been available for about a year.

I shot my first two Project Appleseeds since April. I have the Marlin 795-LTR equipped like your Ruger. The biggest issue is the black poly-stock on the 795. In Florida sun and heat it gets wonky and under sling tension can bend to touch the barrel. I'm going to try some epoxy to stiffen it. The 10/22 has a lot more aftermarket parts available, like stocks.

Get something to use as a mat &/or pad and then get prone on the floor as practice.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
You got a Good deal M1ANEWBY. I bought one for my oldest Son for his first rifle several yrs, ago and paid considerably over the price you picked yours up for let alone having to add those extras. Only thing is (was) is the factory rotary magazine always gave us problems. Took it apart and cleaned the devil out of it and still gave us trouble. Then I got him the BX magazines made by Ruger and problem=gone. Don't know why as the things are basically mechanically the same.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You got a Good deal M1ANEWBY. I bought one for my oldest Son for his first rifle several yrs, ago and paid considerably over the price you picked yours up for let alone having to add those extras. Only thing is (was) is the factory rotary magazine always gave us problems. Took it apart and cleaned the devil out of it and still gave us trouble. Then I got him the BX magazines made by Ruger and problem=gone. Don't know why as the things are basically mechanically the same.
Thanks mic52, I have heard that before so thanks for the advice. I will check into them if I find I`m having to many issues.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I bought the same 10/22 for my 8 year old daughter this past December. I've shot it a few times and it went bang every time and not a single magazine issue. It's not a tack driver, but serves the purpose as an easy to shoot lightweight carbine for my little girl.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.