1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
I will have one as soon as they are available in CA. BIGTHUMPUP

·
Registered
9,745 Posts
A higher quality "bulldog" with adj. sights , I DO like the looks of that .
A .44 special will take all the argument out of someone real quick .
The unfluted cylinders not only look better, they are a lot easier to clean

Reactions: unkola and 3Gunnah

·
Banned
4,216 Posts
Nice woods gun. I wonder how it would feel with a Keith load.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
My very first IpSC match was shot with a Charter Arms Bulldog in .44 Spl. Loaded with the "speedy strips". Had just as much fun with that gun in my first match, and I shot it just as accurately, as I did decades later shooting a much more expensive full house custom .45 ACP govt... I just shot much much faster with the auto.

I always felt comfortable in bear country with that .44 SPL stuffed with my own HOT 240 gr reloads. Eventually sold it to a homesteader living up in Northern BC, matched with a .44 Mag lever action rifle.

While I have owned several .44 Manglem revolvers, several more .357 Mags, and about a dozen in .45 ACP, .44 Spl remains my favorite revolver load ( or .44 Mag loaded light). Over the years, I shot IpSC with various revolvers, and found the .44 LIGHT MAG loads ( or .44 Spl eqivalent), with 180 gr bullet at 1000 fps, gave me the best balance of speed vs power.

A five shot .44 Spl Ruger sounds like it would be the perfect choice for sensible people looking for a hunting/ carry revolver.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.