M14 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
Marlin had the "Camp" carbine line of rifles........and they used Ruger p89 mags in 9mm and 1911 mags in .45. I never should have sold my .45, they are Super expensive and harder to find these days!

Nope......they were Smith & Wesson type mags in the Camp 9.....my 5906 mags worked perfect...

Wilson/Rogers mags worked great in the Camp45......I don't have the carbines any more, or the 5906......but still have extended 45 mags that I have no use for.

Regrets.....

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
A fiend has a Marlin .45 Camp Carbine and a few of the old Taylor 25rd 1911 drum mags. Works fine with ball as those mags have to original GI mag style feed lips.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
I'd like to put my hands on the new Ruger PC and give it a try.

I've a CX4 Storm in 9mm, it is one of my favorite firearms.
Helluva lot of fun, accuracy is great and its inexpensive to shoot.

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
I'm up in the air on this one. Their old ones are awesome. Putty they didn't just being it back in production.
With this one, it leaves options open for caliber conversion, integral suppressor.

·
Registered
178 Posts
beretta still makes the storm carbine . I have one that is compatible with my beretta 92f pistol . I was sceptical when I bought it but this last year I used it in a couple of uspsa matches shooting in the pcc division . My time and accuracy increased by close to 50% , I have noticed other shooters placing higher overall as well .
I think the pcc has more merit than given credit for .

·
Registered
999 Posts
This Ruger carbine is pretty damn ugly. If I'm going for ugly and reliable, then HiPoint is top of that list.

I wish Ruger would lose the tactical nonsense and just make a traditional stock. I do like the take-down option though. Wood would also be a nice option.

I like pistol caliber carbines. Makes a heck of a lot of sense to me. I don't need yet another caliber to procure and inventory. Doubling up the usefulness of my handgun ammo would be great.

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
There's not much tactical going on there, besides being black. Rail up top for red dot, short rail for a light. Now if they tried to throw a quad rail on there that would be annoying.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
62 Posts
If this thing is offered with an insert to utilize M9/92fs mags I would buy one in a hot minute. If it had a folding stock like a choate; I'd buy two of them.

I don't like the Beretta Storm, or KelTech Sub2k, the Chiappa M9 Carbine is an embarassment and I can't afford a Wilson Combat AR9 ($2000).

·
Registered
62 Posts
If any of You hooligans have an in at Ruger, can You let them know about the M9/92fs suggestion, honestly, in a soft market, flooded by Glock Mag fed pistol caliber carbines, there's a niche of Beretta fans being ignored.

I had a Glock, excellent pistol, it just wasn't Me, I like the M9/92fs and have over 50 USGI magazines. I'm not buying more magazines for a pistol I don't like...

·
Registered
999 Posts
If any of You hooligans have an in at Ruger, can You let them know about the M9/92fs suggestion, honestly, in a soft market, flooded by Glock Mag fed pistol caliber carbines, there's a niche of Beretta fans being ignored.

I had a Glock, excellent pistol, it just wasn't Me, I like the M9/92fs and have over 50 USGI magazines. I'm not buying more magazines for a pistol I don't like...
Iirc, some of Hi-Point's carbines accept Beretta 92 magazines.

·
Registered
79 IHC Scout II, 74 VW Bug class 11 look a like
7,545 Posts
Here's Ruger contact page, they welcome input. I have gotten return emails from them the couple of times I contacted them.

https://ruger.com/dataProcess/customerService/

·
Registered
62 Posts
I used the "Contact Ruger" feature on their facebook page and got this response:

"As a publicly traded company, we cannot discuss any products that are not released to the public, whether they are in development or not. Whenever there are new products we will announce it on our facebook page and website. If you like, as part of our “Voice of the Customer” program you can write to our CEO at "Tell the CEO" and let him know what you would like to see Ruger make next. https://www.ruger.com/dataProcess/tellTheCEO"

So I did that and got:

"Thank you for your "Tell the CEO" submission.
I really appreciate your suggestions and the time you took to share your thoughts on Ruger products.
Best regards and thank you for shooting Ruger!
Chris Killoy
Ruger CEO"

In the meantime I guess I'll keep modifying that Marlin Camp 9 to utilize M9 mags. Have it running, will have last round hold open sorted soon. Plan on sand casting an aluminum lower once I get it sorted. You know, unless Ruger comes thru for Me...

·
Registered
999 Posts
"As a publicly traded company, we cannot discuss any products..."

They've mistaken the word "cannot" for "will not" or "choose not to." There is nothing barring them from discussing unreleased products except a decision they've made themselves. It's a very subtle way of shifting responsibility and avoiding a challenge to their decision.

Weasel words.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.