M14 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone own one of the Ruger ( Lipsey ) in 454? I am wanting one but seems they are hard to come by. If so, how do you like it?

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Can't speak for the Bisely model, but the SRH was a knuckle buster for me. If you find one, I have some good 454 ammo left here I'll let go pretty cheap as I will not need it anymore. ;)

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
I had the Lipsey edition Bisley with the 6 1/2 inch barrel and really enjoyed it. Sold it last year for another project as my wrist did not enjoy it as much as my brain. I constantly shot loads in the upper range, but not full horse power.
It was a very accurate SA.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
I have the 6-1/2" Bisley in .480 Ruger. It will do everything the .454 will do, and doesn't break your wrist in the process. I had Hamilton Bowen 'perfect' mine, and it is a sweet revolver!

·
Registered
6,864 Posts
A buddy of mine bought a Bisley in .45LC. He never fired it, despite my prodding and offer to provide the ammo. He sent it to Linebough and had it converted to .475. It shot way low when it came back. A sight adjustment was all it took to get it on target.
I always thought that if I ran across one in .480 I'd come up with the scratch. The Bisleys always felt better to me than Blackhawks. I sold two of the latter, one a .45LC ACP convertible and the other a .44 Mag.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts