M14 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, the good old 10/22 but with a heavier, shortened barrel and Ruger's target trigger. Oh, and a screw-on flash supressor. It seems to fill a couple of needs of mine but is too new to be seen much where I am, which is to say that not only have I yet to come across an owner but I've never even seen this version in the flesh. Does anyone have any personal experience? Opinions?

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I had the tactical one about 2 years ago. Did not like it that much. Not accurate enough for me. Traded it off. Found a beat up 10/22 for 125.00 and bought the stock and a Green Mountain 28 inch SS bull barrel and have never looked back. Has a Center Point mil-dot 6x16 scope. Have had it for 2 years now this month!

Reactions: Sweets

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Depends on what you want. If a very accurate .22 is your goal and you aren't married to a semi auto, I'd recommend a CZ bolt action and put the difference into ammo. Just MHO.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Depends on what you want. If a very accurate .22 is your goal and you aren't married to a semi auto, I'd recommend a CZ bolt action and put the difference into ammo. Just MHO.
You are dead on about the CZ - I was going to mention it, but the OP was asking on the 10/22 tactical. If you were after a bolt action 22lr.- CZ can not be beat for the price and the accuracy! I know, I have the American Tribal. The rifle will be buried with me! 50 yards, 5 shots under 1/2 inch. GI1 here is the 10/22 tactical I had.

The one I have now!

·
Registered
7,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had the tactical one about 2 years ago. Did not like it that much. Not accurate enough for me. Traded it off. Found a beat up 10/22 for 125.00 and bought the stock and a Green Mountain 28 inch SS bull barrel and have never looked back. Has a Center Point mil-dot 6x16 scope. Have had it for 2 years now this month!
OK, was it semi-auto .22 innacurate, or more than usually so? I like and want the basic design, but the short barrel worries me slightly.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
OK, was it semi-auto .22 innacurate, or more than usually so? I like and want the basic design, but the short barrel worries me slightly.
Ruger does great rifles, just thought it was lacking a little. Functioned great. I like one hole accuracy. If not, I move till I find one that does. If you are not worried about 5 shots into one hole then you will be happy with it. It is a fun rifle to shot! GI1

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I built this one with all Volquartsen Stainless parts including receiver. Does a job on chipmonks at 100yds.

http://
Aw man, is that a Bell & Carson Odessy stock! I want one of those! GI1 You have great taste! Silencer isn't bad either!GI2

·
Premium Member
16,886 Posts
Yep, B&C. I really like the stock. I have pretty much the same thing on a Rem 700P.
Thanks for the compliment. A lot of thought has gone into most of my weapons.

·
Registered
7,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ruger does great rifles, just thought it was lacking a little. Functioned great. I like one hole accuracy. If not, I move till I find one that does. If you are not worried about 5 shots into one hole then you will be happy with it. It is a fun rifle to shot! GI1
Yeah, no, I don't do much bench shooting. Just don't want to pay relatively big bucks for what amounts to a scatter gun. Thanks again.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
If you are looking for a 'tactical' .22LR you might want to check out the S&W 15-22 AR15 style dedicated .22LR. Since I've gotten mine all my other .22's haven't left the safe much. I also use it as a replacement to practice with my duty AR. Reliable, accurate and familiar for those that shoot the AR platform.

Reactions: Rapidray

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
If you are looking for a 'tactical' .22LR you might want to check out the S&W 15-22 AR15 style dedicated .22LR. Since I've gotten mine all my other .22's haven't left the safe much. I also use it as a replacement to practice with my duty AR. Reliable, accurate and familiar for those that shoot the AR platform.
The first ones had problems but Smith being Smith made them all good, and now problem free. Looking to get another one, as I think they make the perfect LTR for the Appleseeds! GI1

·
Registered
7,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
For some idiot reason, probably based on appearance and/or failure to pay a bribe, or whatever Bill Ruger used to do, those are 'restricted' here, meaning they can only be used, legally, at an official shooting range. Part of the pain of 40 years of Liberal DICKtatorship.

·
Premium Member
16,886 Posts
[email protected] do you have any video shooting that suppressed 10/22 so we could hear how quiet she is? LOVE IT by the way!

Otokiak
Rankin Inlet, NU
CANADA
I don't currently, but will be happy to do one after the 26th when I return from vacation on Kauai.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Us Canucks unfortunately have a BOATLOAD of liberals and idiots running the country and NO suppressors are allowed ... I'd love one for my 10/22 so I could shoot geese all day long in spring and fall and they wouldnt' know what hit them. HAHA. It's never quiet out here believe it or not. Cheers,

Otokiak
Rankin Inlet, NU
CANADA

1 - 18 of 18 Posts