M14 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Firstly, I'd like to apologize for asking a Ruger question on this forum but the people I've encountered here are some of the best around and I am hopeful for some kind of advice on this.

I have a Taper Contoured 'Heavy' Rifle Barrel (.920 - .725) that I would like to fit into a Samson B-TM 10/22 Folding Stock. Samson has confirmed that their stock is designed only for the standard size (.920 - .635) barrel. At this point, I am estimating I might be able to achieve a decent fit with some careful sanding via a dowel and some 120 grit paper. If I am mistaken, or if someone has a better idea as to how I might achieve a tight fit please let me know. It might also be the case that you think my idea poor and would like to talk me out if it, or perhaps, into an alternative. Either way, I'm open to suggestions of all kinds.

P.S. If it's of interest, I am installing a complete Volquartsen receiver, bolt, and trigger. And, no, I have no ambitions to become a match shooter, but my penchant for quality often leads me toward match grade components.

Thanks for your interest and sincere advice,

Ross T.

·
Registered
950 Posts
I used a couple pieces of wax paper on the barrel and just slowly worked different grits of sandpaper back and forth until I could pass the dollar bill test (free floating)

·
Registered
79 IHC Scout II, 74 VW Bug class 11 look a like
7,145 Posts
Just hog it out and glass bed it, use a piece of masking tape on the barrel to help so it does not stick.

eQ

·
Registered
273 Posts
Hi,

If it is anything 10-22 you need info or help on go to rimfirecentral.com forum, they do all 10-22 mods and can get you the info you desire

1 - 5 of 5 Posts