M14 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
5,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever fired this stuff or otherwise know about it?

http://www.ruag.com/en/Ammotec/Ammotec_Home

They sell 9mm/.45/.40 and .223 caliber ammunition (amongst other stuff). They work with governments, militaries, law enforcement, hunters, and possibly even other entities.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
read an article in RECOIL about Ruag. They went to the factory for some testing and were really impressed with the ammo. Its a Swiss company.

Apparently they are going to be making a civilian push in the U.S soon, so we shall see.

5,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Brycom1.

Apparently, that "push" has started. GI7

·
In the gilded halls of Valhala
13,515 Posts
i was asking about this recently.

ruag operates in the us as norma.

so they have been here for decades

sadly their best rounds are illegal to import due to AP

will be nice if they start selling their military stuff.

·
13,515 Posts
5,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks Dredsen!

I did a sub-forum search but my computer kept locking up when it processed my search so I gave up searching for it and made a new thread apparently.

RUAG is now selling to/supplying participating law enforcement agencies here in the States.

·
13,515 Posts
Thanks Dredsen!

I did a sub-forum search but my computer keep locking up when it processed my search so I gave up searching for it and made a new tread apparently.

RUAG is now selling/supplying participating law enforcement agencies here in the States.
maybe you can get some that load mentiones in my thread. its supposed to be the right stuff in the wind.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
I believe RAUG owns GECO ... and their 55gr .223 shoots fantastically out of my AR's... very accurate, clean, and reliable.

So accurate, that I went back and bought a case of it. Just over 1 MOA for 10 round groups.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
I think RAUG , owns numerous manufacturers... MFS, GECO, NORMA, Dynamit Nobel ?

5,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
RUAG also owns Hirtenberger amongst other ammo subsidiaries.

P.S. I found out why my Department suddenly organized a RUAG ammo group buy... RUAG has one of its big wigs (owner/CEO) as a donator on our Sheriff's Department council. Greasing the squeaky wheel...

5,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, I elected not to spend any money on the RUAG ammo because they weren't offering any .308/7.62x51 ammo.

I can buy .45, 9mm, .40 and .223 ammo from RUAG but no other caliber types.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts