M14 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got this off GB and home today. Buddy of mine in Idaho in the mid 70's carried this rifle in .22LR, the model 62 all the time, was always a good rifle.

So figured I ought to have one too, but this is the model 59 in .22 mag, much less common and somewhat pricier.

I have LOTS of .22 mag ammo and even though its expensive I probably have enuf to keep me busy for years to come.

Table Wood Musical instrument Tool Pen

Everyday carry Gun accessory Gas Wood Composite material

·
Registered
10,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I shot this yesterday and it was fun, very accurate. It did bobble a few times when the empty didnt kick all the way out and prevented the next round from loading. When I got it home I took it down and lubed it up wherever there were moving parts coming together and it feels smoother already.
Sure shot good though!

·
Registered
294 Posts
I shot this yesterday and it was fun, very accurate. It did bobble a few times when the empty didnt kick all the way out and prevented the next round from loading. When I got it home I took it down and lubed it up wherever there were moving parts coming together and it feels smoother already.
Sure shot good though!
I'm jealous! I'm in the same spot, sold the last of me .22 mag rifles (still have a couple of NAA Minis), but have a can + of 22 mag left over. I will find the right launcher, as it seems you have as well. Keep us posted on the extraction on live fire testing.

·
Premium Member
3,763 Posts
Gorgeous. I really dig the simple lines. 22 mag isn't a joke... I can't remember exactly, but out of a rifle barrel, they have something within the ballpark of a 380 handgun in terms of energy.

·
Registered
10,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rifle continues to have this ejection issue, so I got a hold of Taurus/Rossi, Braztech and have been going back and forth with a gal there who while very nice seemed to want to make sure there was no reason for them to even look at the rifle!
She got all hung up on who owns what company and being this was an Interarms import from some time ago, she insisted they didnt make it and thus would have no parts or means to repair it. Nice.

Sooo I went to the Rossi website, looked over their repair info and filled in the online form and within an hour, had an invitation to return the rifle for them to look at. I told them it was an Interarms import and SN and vintage etc. They didnt seem to care, told me where to ship it to, and it is now on its way to the same exact address the gal at Taurus lists on her info.
It all goes to the same place!
Amazing!
The rifle shoots like a laser so if I have to spend a couple bucks to make it run right, thats OK with me.

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
That's a new "classic" , beautiful lines ,
no excess BS and shoots great to top it off ,
Your on the right track to make it perfect.
PS....
Were the FTE's all the same brand or a mixture of brands?

Reactions: WaM14gunner

·
Registered
10,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's a new "classic" , beautiful lines ,
no excess BS and shoots great to top it off ,
Your on the right track to make it perfect.
PS....
Were the FTE's all the same brand or a mixture of brands?
Mix of brands, tried several. Its a neat rifle but I cannot tolerate function issues, its got to work.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts