M14 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was wondering if anyone knew anything about rock island arsenal 1911's pistolas.
i recently won one in a charity event and do not know much about them.
anyone got anything on them? thanks.

·
Registered
396 Posts
My info is second hand, but the general commentary on the 1911 forums is they are the best bang for the buck 1911 available.

Congratulations on winning such a nice prize.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
you lucky dog.......

I got a Rock Island M1911-A1 earlier this year. Its the only RI pistol I have owned or fired.
It cost me $499.00, nothing fancy, just plain jane GI. The manual says to fire a few hundred rounds to be considered broken in. I had two failure to feed in the first 50 rds. I have since fired about 600 rds. and have not had another problem. I like this pistol. The only thing I changed was the grips. It came with some really light colored wood grips that I didn't care for. The grips you see in the pic came off my SAI 1911.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I had an officers Rock Island several years ago.Match barrell and bushing nice trigger pull but nothing really special.
Absolutely went bang every time.I'mnot an expert pistoleer,but that sucker was crazy accurate.Could have competed with a fullsize any day.Wasnt ticky about ammo either.

about $460.00around 2005 if i remember right,IMHO,as good as or better than most $1000 dollar pistols i've seen,and another reason to dislike my exGI4
less than I pd for my Springfield GI i have nowshot a he## of a lot better

1 - 4 of 4 Posts