M14 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doing some research prior to scoping my M1A Loaded. The rifle is as it came from Springfield with nothing aftermarket on it. The scope is Nikon Monarch 6.5-20x illuminated rectical with 44mm objective. I am currently leaning towards the ARMS mount because of its low height with some type of quick detatch rings. What I'm wondering what ring heights to use to not have interference with the scope but keep it as low as possible. Hoping to draw on experience from other members.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Arms rings

Since your scope tube is 1" inch and it does not appear that ARMS makes 1" rings, you'll have to switch. And that pretty much leaves you TPS or Leupold if you want quality. TPS average $65 and Leupold $140. For the low TPS price, you may want to order both the medium and high rings to see which clears your rear sights and optical bell, then send the others back. Having researched your scope a little, my guess is you'll need high rings because:
1) 44mm Bell,
2)1" tube makes it shallow so you'll need higher rings
3) Your variable adjuster knob and rear optic have to clear the rear iron sights, which will be higher if you have NM.

Good luck

·
Registered
266 Posts
I had the same question about the Arms mount and their quick detach rings... Think I'll try the low or medium rings. If you check out the Arms website they have the hight of the rings from center to base, that might help you...

His scope may have 1" tube but you can buy the spacer/shim for the 1" to use the 30mm rings... Why buy a new scope!?
Be smart and research!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Since your scope tube is 1" inch and it does not appear that ARMS makes 1" rings, you'll have to switch. And that pretty much leaves you TPS or Leupold if you want quality. TPS average $65 and Leupold $140. For the low TPS price, you may want to order both the medium and high rings to see which clears your rear sights and optical bell, then send the others back. Just package everything up real nice for the next fellow. Having researched your scope a little, my guess is you'll need high rings because:
1) 44mm Bell,
2)1" tube makes it shallow so you'll need higher rings
3) Your variable adjuster knob and rear optic have to clear the rear iron sights, which will be higher if you have NM.

Good luck
Actually ARMS makes 1" inserts for their 30mm rings. I use them on several setups and they are fantastic. Here is my Leupold Vari-XII 1" tube 1-4x20 on an ARMS 18 mount with low ARMS detachable 30mm rings with 1" insert:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts