M14 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question. If I am in Colorado and have a rifle (Devine M1A) for sale, how do I make the physical transfuse? No one will pay high bucks sight un seen. What if he is in NY? He would want to look it over.

·
Registered
5,295 Posts
You must first learn the firearm rules for the State you might ship it to.
A non-compliant firearm shipped to a state where it is not allowed could end up in mess and the loss of the firearm.
Don't know this personally, but have read a few stories.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Join Gunbroker or similar site, upload pics and info, buyers will see it that way and bid if interested.
Once you find an interested buyer and agree on a price and method of payment you want to find a reliable local gun shop with an FFL to transfer and ship the rifle to the out of state buyers FFL. Your local Gun shop will make sure all state and federal laws and proper paper work is completed.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Question. If I am in Colorado and have a rifle (Devine M1A) for sale, how do I make the physical transfuse? No one will pay high bucks sight un seen. What if he is in NY? He would want to look it over.
Once you find a serious buyer at your asking price you need to find a local gun shop in your area with an FFL that does transfers to out of state FFLs. Your local gun shop will make sure the transaction complies with all state and federal laws. They usually charge a small fee. They will tell you no sales to NY, CT, MA, CA and others. The buyer’s local FFL ensures all local and federal laws and paperwork are properly completed on the receiving end. The buyer normally covers all expenses on his end and shipping and insurance from your local FFL to his local FFL. I hope this answers your question.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
With the help of many of you guys I have the knowledge to do a sale..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts