M14 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Time to market affordable magazine blocks like the ones Colt used from 1994-2994 to convert 20 rd mags to five rounders. Just a piece of sheet metal bent into a U with the corners squared and the tips of the feet tipped out to hold it in place to restrict the cartridge guide from depressing to accept more than 10 cartridges.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
You are way behind on the "concealed" part of your statement.

The requirements for "Printing" or accidentally revealing a "concealed" handgun by a person with a CHL (Concealed Handgun License) all changed in 2016 when the license was changed to a LTC (License To Carry).

A LTC allows the carry of a handgun either concealed or open.

Then Texas passed the "Constitutional Carry", which allows open or concealed carry without a license.

There are differences between a LTC and Constitutional Carry.

The main difference is other States are reciprocal with the Texas
LTC, those same States may not have Constitutional Carry.

There are also places a person with a LTC can carry that a Constitutional Carry cannot.
Yes -of course am behind. Forgive me.

We do not have constitutional carry yet in VA. And there are pockets of areas esp in liberal sides of the state where CCW versus open-carry are not allowed. It is easy to get tripped up and end up in jail coz these designated areas can be just few yards apart. But for the most part, VA is an open-carry state...pistol or rifle...always have been. WE can even go up to our capitol and see our representatives fully armed. Of course blackface Northam tried to undo all that.

But - my thanks for the update on TX.

Reactions: ColdWarGrunt

·
Premium Member
4,808 Posts
Billions moving south.
Caterpillar just kicked Illinois to the curb.
Now crime just cost Chicago a loss of Billions.

But Griffin’s wealth will likely be a felt loss in Chicago which reportedly received more than $600 million in gift donations to educational, cultural, medical and civic organizations.

The hedge-fund billionaire is ranked as one of the 50 richest individuals in the world according to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index, and he is believed to be worth $28.9 billion.

·
Registered
515 Posts
All the states are a mixed bag of good and bad gun laws. A mag ban thats not a ban was recently passed here in WA state. It only says no further manufacture, sales or transfers of high cap mags after July 1.
Current ownership is grandfathered. In effect what they did was tell everyone to go out and buy up all the high cap mags before 7-1, which many obliged putting many more of them into private hands than before the ban was passed. Seems a bit counterproductive for their desires. There is no possession ban, fines or jail time.
In short the ban is a joke, though no further sales will be allowed.
I look at this quite differently. For starters, what happen when the next new Wonder9 handgun comes out? You aren't going to be able to own any standard capacity magazines. You get the California treatment.

What about folks who move into the state? They are screwed.

What if you lose your 'grandfathered' mags in a theft of fire? That's not a pleasant thought.

What about the next unborn generation? Your grandkids maybe. Hope you had enough to leave them something.

I take the position that laws like this will get revised incrementally if they don't accomplish the goals, which they rarely do. There may be no teeth in it now, but 2 years from now you may get the "5 Years in jail, $10K fine, felony / lose firearms and vote" penalties.

·
Registered
11,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I look at this quite differently. For starters, what happen when the next new Wonder9 handgun comes out? You aren't going to be able to own any standard capacity magazines. You get the California treatment.

What about folks who move into the state? They are screwed.

What if you lose your 'grandfathered' mags in a theft of fire? That's not a pleasant thought.

What about the next unborn generation? Your grandkids maybe. Hope you had enough to leave them something.

I take the position that laws like this will get revised incrementally if they don't accomplish the goals, which they rarely do. There may be no teeth in it now, but 2 years from now you may get the "5 Years in jail, $10K fine, felony / lose firearms and vote" penalties.
Lot of what ifs there. I look at it this way. I dont like that they passed the so called mag ban, thats not a ban. OK. What am I supposed to do about it?

Nobody asked me if I thought a mag ban was a good idea, strange how that works! So it is what is is, we have to live within that framework, like it or not, or move.
At nearly 69 years of age and owning outright everything I possess, I aint moving again.
I will just have to shuffle along with things as they are till they shovel dirt in my face. I dont have enuf time left on the planet to be pissed off all the time about something I cannot change.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Has Rhode Island actually had Mass shootings?
Finestkind
I do not think so. But they sure like to elect tyrants into office. No one needs more than ten plus one rounds in their firearm ever! If you have a gun in Rhode Island better carry two or multiple magazines.

Reactions: ColdWarGrunt

·
Registered
5,790 Posts
Whatsa Yankee? :rolleyes:
Texan definition:

A Yankee is someone that comes to the South to work, and when work in their home State picks back up, they go home.

A "damn yankee" is someone that comes to the South to work, and when work in their home State picks back up, they stay and try to convert Texas to the crap hole they came from.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Texan definition:

A Yankee is someone that comes to the South to work, and when work in their home State picks back up, they go home.

A "damn yankee" is someone that comes to the South to work, and when work in their home State picks back up, they stay and try to convert Texas to the crap hole they came from.
Growing up in far West Texas in the 1960's I was 15 before I learned that "damn" and "Yankee" were two words.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
I've an old friend, a Narragansett tribal member, M1A owner who I just sent that article to who resides in RI.

Should have an interesting answer from him on that situation.

I can open carry in my county, but can't in Portland. Only ever saw open carry here once. I prefer cc, which I do consistently.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts