M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Rhode Island does not have much of their 2nd Amendment left now. Every blue Democrat State is chipping away at the 2nd Amendment for their citizens. About 30 free red States remain now about and another five States that are okay on the 2nd Amendment, but not good. Rhode Island now becomes a State where the 2nd Amendment is very oppressed. Good thing it is so small that I will probably never visit there.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Hold on. " . . . gives current owners of high-capacity magazines six months to modify them, surrender them to police or transfer them to people in states where they are legal."

Is that a "taking?" The transfer and surrender parts sure sound like it. I'm thinking there is still a Fifth Amendment with a "takings clause" made applicable to state actions by the 14th Amendment.

I love the smell of a lawsuit in the morning . . . it's the smell of billable hours.

So far as running down a whole state based on the actions of their leaders. Not me. I ain't prejudiced. I just think the whole bunch of them are filthy little talking chimps.

·
Registered
11,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hold on. " . . . gives current owners of high-capacity magazines six months to modify them, surrender them to police or transfer them to people in states where they are legal."

Is that a "taking?" The transfer and surrender parts sure sound like it. I'm thinking there is still a Fifth Amendment with a "takings clause" made applicable to state actions by the 14th Amendment.

I love the smell of a lawsuit in the morning . . . it's the smell of billable hours.

So far as running down a whole state based on the actions of their leaders. Not me. I ain't prejudiced. I just think the whole bunch of them are filthy little talking chimps.
$5000 fine if caught with one after the law takes effect,, or 5 year jail term.

·
Registered
608 Posts
$5000 fine if caught with one after the law takes effect,, or 5 year jail term.
I ain't no fool Your Honor, I'll take your five thousand -- I don't want me no jail time.

Nah suh, not me . . . whatever you all say I do, I'll do. Not a peep out of this boy. Like I said, filthy little talking chimps. Who else would allow themselves to be treated that way? If Massachusetts weren't such a he11 hole I would advocate their annexing RI the way Putin wants to do the Ukraine. Nobody would fight. They like being raped.

Reactions: XM25Ren

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I have been looking at Vermont - they are Democrats but got their firearms restrictions in decent mixture. Other than the magazine and age restrictions, VT is more gun-friendly than TX.

Even TX just recently won their open-carry pistol legislation. And we think TX to be the most gun-friendly state, it is not. Their concealed laws will land you in jail if you are not careful..if you are CCW. Concealed to them ..is concealed. If anyone saw your concealed will land you in jail.

Reactions: ColdWarGrunt

·
Registered
626 Posts
$5,000 fine if caught with one after the law takes effect, or 5 year jail term.
This is the most draconian magazine ban for the common people in the entire nation I believe. New Jersey is a potential 18-month prison sentence, probation, community service, and a $10,000.00 fine if caught with an eleven round or greater full capacity magazine.

In New York possession of a full capacity magazine by a common citizen is a third degree Class D Violent Felony. Rhode Island's law is likely the worst now. Potential five years in prison for just having a magazine that is legal in about 37 other States. What stupid joke.

And I watched the video of the village idiots cheering as their liberties burned up when their governor signed the bill into law.

·
Registered
11,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have been looking at Vermont - they are Democrats but got their firearms restrictions in decent mixture. Other than the magazine and age restrictions, VT is more gun-friendly than TX.

Even TX just recently won their open-carry pistol legislation. And we think TX to be the most gun-friendly state, it is not. Their concealed laws will land you in jail if you are not careful..if you are CCW. Concealed to them ..is concealed. If anyone saw your concealed will land you in jail.
All the states are a mixed bag of good and bad gun laws. A mag ban thats not a ban was recently passed here in WA state. It only says no further manufacture, sales or transfers of high cap mags after July 1.
Current ownership is grandfathered. In effect what they did was tell everyone to go out and buy up all the high cap mags before 7-1, which many obliged putting many more of them into private hands than before the ban was passed. Seems a bit counterproductive for their desires. There is no possession ban, fines or jail time.
In short the ban is a joke, though no further sales will be allowed.

On the other hand with concealed carry, WA is a "shall issue" state. Only thing you need do is pay the fee and pass the background check. Good for 5 years.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I have been looking at Vermont - they are Democrats but got their firearms restrictions in decent mixture. Other than the magazine and age restrictions, VT is more gun-friendly than TX. Even TX just recently won their open-carry pistol legislation. And we think TX to be the most gun-friendly state, it is not. Their concealed laws will land you in jail if you are not careful...if you are CCW. Concealed to them is concealed. If anyone saw your concealed will land you in jail.
Texas does not have red flag gun confiscation laws. Vermont does. Texas does not have restrictions on full capacity magazines for firearms. Vermont does. You are limited legally to ten rounds for long guns and fifteen for pistols in Vermont.

·
Registered
310 Posts

I'm from Texas and it ain't that bad. Most places don't have any signs unless you go to liberals cesspools like Austin etc. I carry owb with my shirt untucked so basically I'm somewhat open carrying. Of course I'm from a small town. I don't think about it unless I go to the big city which for me would DFW.

·
Registered
11,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm from Texas and it ain't that bad. Most places don't have any signs unless you go to liberals cesspools like Austin etc. I carry owb with my shirt untucked so basically I'm somewhat open carrying. Of course I'm from a small town. I don't think about it unless I go to the big city which for me would DFW.
Open carry is also legal here in WA, but not necessarily recommended depending your location. Walk downtown Seattle with a big ol hogleg on your hip and probably find yourself on the ground in cuffs.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
It is a mix-n-match in all states...red or blue. The civilians must decide what they will tolerate where they choose to live. Gun-owners are favorite punching bags, easy pickings for liberals. And we have to take all the abuse and never ever come off the chains..coz it will not be pretty if we did. ...is all.

Reactions: ColdWarGrunt

·
Registered
5,645 Posts

You are way behind on the "concealed" part of your statement.

The requirements for "Printing" or accidentally revealing a "concealed" handgun by a person with a CHL (Concealed Handgun License) all changed in 2016 when the license was changed to a LTC (License To Carry).

A LTC allows the carry of a handgun either concealed or open.

Then Texas passed the "Constitutional Carry", which allows open or concealed carry without a license.

There are differences between a LTC and Constitutional Carry.

The main difference is other States are reciprocal with the Texas
LTC, those same States may not have Constitutional Carry.

There are also places a person with a LTC can carry that a Constitutional Carry cannot.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts