M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
I can't tell if it's a reweld or not but I'm a big beleiver in the saying 'if it sounds to good to be true, it probably is'. I like getting a good deal and I don't know anyone that would need to sell a quality usgi op rod for anywhere close to that. I would be estatic to get it for twice that much.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is what I was looking at.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Almost looks like it.

But if you look at the flat portions of the op rod you will see some pitting, so if I had so guess I would say it was probably pitting.

The seller added that this is not a reweld to his description.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
+1 That particular area looks more like pitting not reweld. I still have a hard time with that cheap price.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Welded op rods...

that I've seen don't have the cut that close to the relief radius. I have one that has the weld about 2" away. Although the pictures are a bit dark and could be better, it looks good to me.
Bruce

·
Registered
160 Posts
all the rewelds i have seen have been cut/welded farther back towards the middle and back 1/3rd towards the tab.

·
Registered
123 Posts
There is still over 5 days left in the auction. Wait till it ends and then see if the price was to good to be true.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Should have added that I have purchased a couple of items from subhunter and they have been as described.

·
Banned
2,325 Posts
weld or not

Yes ,Subhunter is a good guy and he would not sell a reweld anything without bringing it to your attention. The auction will yield him some fine proceeds on his parts near the end...ask me how I know......cause I'm gonna be in this fight, to the end GI5

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for the input, I was not attempting to bash this guy, I was actually seeking opinions and I apprecitate the input fellas.
Ive never seen a rewelded oprod in person so I came where I know the knowledge base was.
Thanks

·
Registered
376 Posts
Guide Stud

I would certainly ask what the dimensions of the receiver guide stud is before I proceded any further.

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
I just looked a SA (not SAI) and a Double Stamped HRA / SA oprod and they both have the same exact mark
and being from Sub Hunter I would say it is good to go
Now the down side I think you may have started a Bidding War

1 - 20 of 21 Posts