M14 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is interesting, although I'm not familiar with the source webpage.

Resigning Director Of Top Gun Control Group Admits Gun Control Doesn’t Work
Posted by Bob Owens on June 17, 2014 at 10:25 am

At our companion site Townhall.com Katie Pavlich notes that the man who was Michael Bloomberg’s top paid gun grabber has admitted that the various citizen control schemes proposed by gun control groups would have had no impact on mass shootings:

Meet Mark Glaze, the former executive director and face of Michael Bloomberg’s Everytown For Gun Safety,a group that used to be called Mayors Against Illegal Guns [MAIG]. Whenever a mass shooting occurs (which despite popular belief and hysteria from the media, isn’t happening more frequently than it used to), Glaze takes to the airwaves to demand new gun control legislation, specifically expanded background checks.

As of Friday, Glaze left his post with MAIG Everytown and is admitting in an exit interview with the Wall Street Journal that the proposals outlined by the gun control group and sent to Congress, would not have prevented mass shootings in the past and won’t stop them in the future.

Make sure that you read Glaze’s exact words, which are an admission that the gun control policies pushed by Moms Demand Action From Illegal Mayors In Everytown (MDAIMIE) will in no way slow or stop mass killings.

Let’s take a look at some of the recent killings that these groups and aligned anti-liberty politicians would to cite as reasons your liberty should be curtailed, and show where existing and proposed gun control laws failed.
◾Las Vegas Cici’s police murders. Male attacker was already a prohibited person due to criminal convictions.
◾Reynolds High School murder. Attacker stole firearms that had been securely stored.
◾Seattle Pacific University murder. Attacker obtained gun after undergoing background checks
◾Santa Barbara/Isla Vista murders. Attacker legally obtained firearms despite incredibly tight gun control laws already in place, including background checks, gun registration, waiting periods, magazine limit capacity, etc.

In precisely none of these incidents—nor in any of the more notorious mass killings in this nation’s history—would “universal background checks,” gun registration, bans on carrying firearms in certain areas (gun free zones), artificial limits on magazine capacity have prevented the crime from taking place, nor would they have likely played a roll in changing the outcome in regards to the number of those killed and wounded.

Gun control has never saved lives, but it has ensured that governments imposing gun control will face no opposition when they impose tyranny and exterminate minority populations.

Let’s not mince words: gun control advocates are champions of mass murder. They simply trust that they will be in charge of the government when the government is turned upon the people

http://bearingarms.com/resigning-director-top-gun-control-group-admits-gun-control-doesnt-work/

·
Registered
762 Posts
From a supporting link to the wall street journal:
http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2014/06/16/gun-control-advocate-snowden-obamacare-hurt-our-cause/

“There’s an almost perfect overlap, I think, between the people who are the most active and radicalized gun voters and people who just don’t like and trust the government very much. When you take on the gun issue, you’re forced to take on by proxy a much bigger issue in this country, which is a deeply ingrained distrust of government that gets worse every time the government can’t get a healthcare website off the ground or can’t get it’s act together to pass a farm bill.”

Surveillance activities exposed by Mr. Snowden are also not helpful.

“The fact that people have learned that the government has taken for itself the right to listen in on our most private conversations has done nothing to inspire faith in government restraint. It’s that lack of faith in government restraint that makes it difficult to do things like ask everybody to take a background check.”
As much as i don't like anyone who supports a cause with the end goal of stripping us of our constitutional rights, I think he's spot on here. Without the backdrop of the government overreach as of the last few years, they *might* have gotten what they wanted.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Duh...he basically is saying what we have all said all along. He's still a raging moron...that just goes to show how someone will blindly follow other based on affiliation rather than their core beliefs...which is even scarier to me.

-Sapp

·
Registered
9,269 Posts
I completely agree with Sapp, most liberals know very little about the issues that they support, they are familiar with the talking points and that's about it.

·
Registered
796 Posts
How about the dozens! Of mayors in the formerly named group who went to jail or are being indicted / investigated for various corruption and other bad deeds.

·
Premium Member
6,954 Posts
I completely agree with Sapp, most liberals know very little about the issues that they support, they are familiar with the talking points and that's about it.
More like they are familar with the talking heads.DI5

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
Bloomberg has that effect - he's his own worst enemy - on people who still have any sense of self-direction. Keep blathering', Mike, you're the gift that keeps on giving.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts