M14 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Is there a source anywhere for a reproduction M14E2 buttplate (just the metal flip-up part only)? Does anyone know a gunshow vendor I could contact that may have one?

I've searched everywhere, and I see them mentioned from time to time, but I can't get my hands on one.

Thanks,
John Thomas
[email protected]

·
Banned
10,629 Posts
Unfortunately the E2 repro buttplate assemblies are almost as hard to find as USGI. Took me 3 years and a trip to Houston to finally get one and it was USGI. The only quick way to get one is to purchase a complete stock. Most are repro. Easy to tell..... flipper is usually free floating with no positive stop. Also there are no markings on them.

·
Registered
269 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Here is a thread I posted showing the completed build.

I have since acquired USGI attachment hardware for the butt pad/plate assy.

http://m14tfl.com/upload/showthread.php?t=73204

If you want any help on how to tell the fake stuff, from the real stuff, I can probably help you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
You don't want a repro butt pad or hinge plate.

They are junk.

Here is a thread I posted a while back, showing the USGI parts that I was able to find after doing a little legwork.

http://m14tfl.com/upload/showthread.php?t=73079
I would prefer a GI buttplate. I'm sure the quality of the reproductions doesn't compare, but I've pretty much given up on the search for an authentic one... and in fact, I can't even find a reproduction. If you have any leads, please let me know.

As previously mentioned, I have the hinge and rubber pad... I just need the metal flapper.

I attached a couple of pictures below... getting this thing put together has been a long road. I'd love to find the buttplate and finish it.

Thanks!
John Thomas

·
Registered
146 Posts
Since we are talking E2 stock related parts, does anyone have any leads on a foregrip? I have a NOS mount base for it, but I am missing the actual foregrip.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Nate try Joseph Scott,he is on some of the 1941 Johnson forums.He sells the whole assembly ,for $125 or $150 each.If I still have his # I will post it .

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Just read a PM. It is not reproduction. Without going into my research papers, I think it was circa 1981-83, an Army contract.

I should be been more clear with the description.

·
Registered
9,465 Posts
Just read a PM. It is not reproduction. Without going into my research papers, I think it was circa 1981-83, an Army contract.

I should be been more clear with the description.
Bill, I checked on this. It looks like 1980-1981for the time it was manufactured.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Great Thread and Thanks. The HUNT is always a challenge. We have the Big Reno Gun Show here which is a BIG show. I wear hiking boots so my dogs don't bark.Lots of parts,guns,knives etc.,etc.,. And as with most Gun shows,everything is $$$(but interesting). Looks like I'll be on the lookout.
CappyXMX

1 - 19 of 19 Posts