M14 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings Gentlemen, Bottom Line Up Front (BLUF)

Will a post war production Carbine fit into Post War "WW2 Para folding" stocks?

Now the back brief, there is a Plainfield Carbine at my local gunshop (the one I got my GF a job at ;) and its been calling to me every time I go in there. hearing good things about the plainfields, and having a 300 gift cert makes it even more appealing. The stock is still great on this one, but the para stock is just that different look I would like to have. On Cheaper than dirt it says that their stock wont fit the repro carbines only USGI. Are ALL the repro para stocks like that, or just that one. Just dont want to buy a stock set for it and have it not fit.

·
Registered
9,251 Posts
carbine

i had a plainfield carbine years ago. my buddy had a quality hardware that wouldn't run, so we subbed parts from mine into his till we found which part it needed. that's the way teenagers do things. everything seemed to fit fine, and we left my parts in his so he could hunt the next day. i have a repro para stock also but no aftermarket carbine to try in it. i don't see why a plainfield wouldn't fit. having said that, fitting stocks on carbines is kinda an art. there is a particular sequence to follow when fitting them. hope this helps a little.
andy

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It does help a bit. and thanks for your response. I dont think I will go for the one at my local shop, something is too loose, the bolt seems to stick and comes off the op rod piece. I dont know enough about the carbines to really diagnose an issue, but I can say, I dont want to spend 600 to buy someone elses problems. Ill wait, another Carbine will come around, and when it does, I will take the time to study the art of mounting it in a stock. Thanks for your help, its appreciated!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts