M14 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Permission to come aboard...
23 years in America's Army, retired as a LTC. Fired Expert with the M14 in basic training. After that, it was strictly 1911A1s as my TO&E weapon, however. Expert with that one, too.
Enjoying my CMP Garand, but seeing a new M1A in the LGS has tempted me to jump into the M14 camp.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Welcome to the forum from NorCal. I heartily encourage you to step over the line and join us with this great platform. You will find lots of vets here from all services and a wealth of information is to be gleaned from the years of threads. Grab a cup and enjoy.

·
Rest in Peace Federal
10,217 Posts
Welcome aboard, krehmkej, well, I hope you stay with us as long as you stayed with Uncle Sam. GI2GI2 I am sure you will enjoy the forums and being here with us, have fun.

-

·
Administrator
18,143 Posts
The lost art of Research is doing great...

Welcome on board krehmkej,

Pull up an old ammo crate and sit awhile. This here Gun Board is a great place for information on M14/M1A Rifles and Military Surplus Ammunition. Again welcome aboard and have yourself a great week Sir.

The 10 Golden Rules of Ammo:

1) You can never have too much ammo on hand. 1k rounds per battle rifle is a good minimum to start with (fubar).
2) Supplies of good surplus run out before you know it, and usually when you're running low on ammo so buy plenty while its available.
3) When in doubt about how much ammo you should buy, refer to rule #1.
4) Ammo is meant to be shot, so shoot often.
5) Because of rule #4, ammo must be replenished often as well.
6) When replenishing supply of ammo, refer to rules #1 through #3.
7) You must buy at least twice as much ammo as you shoot (fubar).
8) Always store ammo in a cool dry place (TEA). The only time you have to much ammo on hand is when you have a house fire(Slick).
9) If you don't have room in your house to store ammo per rule #8, build a bunker or a cellar in your back yard for storing ammo (TEA).
10) Friends don't let friends buy Indian surplus ammo (TEA). Or Never buy surplus ammo from a country where you wouldn't drink the water (midrat). DI5

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Thanks for being a defender of our freedom and welcome to the Firing Line.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Welcome.
JMPWNG2

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Welcome aboard! I think you will enjoy the new platform.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts