M14 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
The only place I know of for a real M14 is at Knob Creek on the one of 2 yearly machine gun shoots they have. Very cool and worth the drive. Its about 20 miles south of Louisville, Ky. They have a big gunshow and lots of people shooting tons of NFA stuff.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Not in NC but the next time you are Vegas go to one of the gun stores that cater to the many people that just have to use a go fast button. I took a guy from Canada in one and he shot up a few boxes in no time than looked at me and said "that's it?". Fun to say you have done it but just a waste of lead for me.
Nothing like a well placed round from 500 yards, one at a time from prone.

SMAWman

·
Super Moderator
11,377 Posts
I'd just try to contact any of the members here in your area that may be willing to let you shoot some factory ammo (Federal M80 or some FGMM) through their rifle.

I assume you just want to try it out to see if you want to buy one? Just offer up some compensation (a box or 2 of ammo, lunch, etc…) and I'm sure someone here would be happy to let you take a rifle for a ride.

Tony.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The only place I know of for a real M14 is at Knob Creek on the one of 2 yearly machine gun shoots they have. Very cool and worth the drive. Its about 20 miles south of Louisville, Ky. They have a big gunshow and lots of people shooting tons of NFA stuff.
Yeah, I've been drooling over Knob Creek on the internet since Youtube existed. I want to go eventually, but I can't justify the trip right now.

Yes, But you will need to drive to West Virginia. Let me know if your interested and I'll let you know the next time my gunsmith does an M14 shoot.
Hmmm...West Virginia is a bit closer. Where in West Virginia?

Not in NC but the next time you are Vegas go to one of the gun stores that cater to the many people that just have to use a go fast button. I took a guy from Canada in one and he shot up a few boxes in no time than looked at me and said "that's it?". Fun to say you have done it but just a waste of lead for me.
Nothing like a well placed round from 500 yards, one at a time from prone.

SMAWman
Vegas is totally out of the question. So far I've been able to stay away from gambling, but I know if I set foot in Vegas I would be broke the next day :p

If I'm not mistaken the op doesn't necessarily want to shoot a real m14 but wants to try out shooting a regular civilian M14S or M1A to try out to see if he likes. Maybe someone in your area can meet you at the range next trip. Heck you could shoot mine if I was over there.
Thanks.

I'd just try to contact any of the members here in your area that may be willing to let you shoot some factory ammo (Federal M80 or some FGMM) through their rifle.

I assume you just want to try it out to see if you want to buy one? Just offer up some compensation (a box or 2 of ammo, lunch, etc…) and I'm sure someone here would be happy to let you take a rifle for a ride.

Tony.
You and Six Clicks are correct, I really just want to decide whether I want to buy one, but I don't really feel comfortable asking such a huge favor since y'all don't really know me. But if anyone is willing to meet up, I'll buy lunch and the ammo and if you want you can shoot my .45-70 Rossi Rio Grande.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Try Point Blank Range in Mooresville.
I don't believe Point Blank has one for rent. They might let you shoot one of the for sale guns before you buy if you're serious. If they won't, and you don't find another option, I don't live too far from there. I'll be up there with mine on 8/7 in the evening with a couple of buddies. I can bring mine, but a 25 yd indoor range doesn't really do it justice. It's fun as hell to rattle everybody's grey matter a little bit though! DI2

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Try Point Blank Range in Mooresville.
I don't believe Point Blank has one for rent. They might let you shoot one of the for sale guns before you buy if you're serious. If they won't, and you don't find another option, I don't live too far from there. I'll be up there with mine on 8/7 in the evening with a couple of buddies. I can bring mine, but a 25 yd indoor range doesn't really do it justice. It's fun as hell to rattle everybody's grey matter a little bit though! DI2
Yeah, I looked on their website. They have a SCAR but not a M1A

·
Registered
537 Posts
Hey Armednerd I live in N.C. and have a standard model and a Socom 16 and a 100 yard range here at work. I will be glad to let you try them both out.
Hats off to kr308! Helped out someone who wants to experience one of our beloved rifles and bring him into the fold!

Well done sir, well done!!GBERET1

·
Registered
264 Posts
You're certainly welcome. hope you find one to suit you're needs very soon. Maybe we can do it again and stretch out that Standard model and the Garand a little further! P.S. thanks Tony for all you do!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.