M14 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Read Only
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a low-cost way to monitor the security of your retreat via the web? I'm thinking more about notification rather than prevention. Showing up to a looted safe haven would be devistating. I'm thinking of something really low profile in keeping with the recon outpost threads of the last couple of weeks. Probably would not even want the local constabulary notified just me.

sensors?
web cam?

BTW Do they write insurance for retreat caches? Guess you would have to register an address.

Interested in your thoughts.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
More info

HIGH END trail cam for hunters it is linked to internet by celltype service so no pics to retreve just open webpage and see what is motion activated with datestamp and time some have night photo ability. with link to cell via texting so one can learn in real time. also they are weather proof and security coded.

NRA LIFE MEMBER

U. S. ARMY VET

·
Read Only
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like a plan

HIGH END trail cam for hunters it is linked to internet by celltype service so no pics to retreve just open webpage and see what is motion activated with datestamp and time some have night photo ability. with link to cell via texting so one can learn in real time. also they are weather proof and security coded.

NRA LIFE MEMBER

U. S. ARMY VET
Excellent off-the-shelf idea and equipment. Motion activation saves on the battery.

Probably would want it to go dark some time before occupying the retreat to eliminate the electronic cell phone bread crumbs. Kinda like a tracer. It works both ways if big brother is watching.

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
If you have internet access you can install security cameras and stream it onto a web page which you can view from any where you have access to the web.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Tie these suggestions with the new tech, low cost, low voltage, solar battery chargers and you could theoretically put in a system that would be maintenance free for months at a time.

Interesting thread.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts