M14 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
I like the one on the right ..... :wink:

From what I can see there appears to be a few Brownings in there ...

I'll lighten this pic for ya ... Kinda hard to see and my night vision ain't workin at the moment ... :D

Six

·
Registered
340 Posts
The first Remington automatic shotguns were Pre-mod-11. They bere built on the Browning patton from 1905-1910.
The model 11 Was also built on the browning patton 1911-1948.
These guns did not have the mag. lock that is on the Browning A5.

The Browning A5 standard was mfg. 1903-1939 by FN.
The American Browning Auto 5 was mfg 1940-1949. They had the Browning logo, different engraving, and a mag. cut off.

TomR

·
Rest in Peace
17,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
By serial number I know one is a 1909 & another 1922 production. One doesn't come up on the charts as its 472*** which I suspect was produced during WWII. The fourth I can only make out four of the serial numbers. Its one of the ones they put the number on the lower left receiver. And barrels aren't necessarily with the correct receiver so haven't dated barrels.

HH

·
Registered
340 Posts
That is a nice collection of mod 11s.

I only have one now but I carried one for years chasing the wiley bob white. Mod 11 with the barrel cut to 24in.,cylinder bore. Killed a wagon load of quail, went through five good dogs, and now have a bad sholder for packing that heavy thing so far for so long.

Sure was fun.

TomR

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
A buddy of mine has a modle 11 his dad left him the story is he traded a suit and tie for it. The deal's you could make on a gun 75 year's ago.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Interesting. My model 11 has a small knurled knob on the forearm to tighten the forearm to the gun. Those look like the Auto 5 type forearm knobs. What's up with that? My model 11 is a "Sportsman" version.

Also, would it be possible for you to take an upclose picture of the recoil spring arrangment for heavy loads? The factory paper that was glued to the inside of my forearm showing the position for light and heavy loads came off.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Mine is like the second one from the left. I still dove hunt with it every year. It was my Great Grandfather's. I can't even start to imagine how many rounds have been fired through it. I have had to replace the hammer twice in it. Mine has the saftey just forward of the trigger and if you are not careful you can fire it when you don't won't to. It has happened to me twice. Thank God I keep it pointed at the ground or straight up in the air when I am not tracking a dove.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts