M14 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wish it wasn’t true. Per the Wall Street Journal Remington is going to BK again. They are negotiating a potential sale to.....wait for it....the Navajo Nation. No I’m not kidding.

Remington of course owns Advanced Armament. Love my AAC suppressor, but I can’t help but wish I picked another brand with a more stable ownership group. Cerberus started this train wreck in motion when they bought all those gun companies and ruined them, Remington, Bushmaster, DPMS, Marlin.

Sorry for the pop up ad begging for money.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wow, America’s oldest gunmaker is circling the drain and there are no comments on a firearms message board? This forum is dying and the new powers that be better figure something out fast because this place is bleeding out.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Well, it looks as if Cerebrus has done it again! They are known for buying companies, extracting every penny they can out of them, saddling them with debt when they "loan" money to another Cerebrus related company, and then declare bankruptcy. They did that with a $600 million dollar company that I worked for as the Senior Director and then threw it away after stripping it. I am disgusted with their operational methods but can only sit back and watch it happen. If I had a bit more money, I would consider purchasing Remington and running it correctly.

Nelson

·
Registered
8,632 Posts
It's not just Firearms boys...All the old names in products- Take the auto high performance industry for one- got bought up by these conglomerates. Accel, Hurst, Mallory, Isky for a few were started by entrepreneurs in their garages. I have picked up the phone & called them before! But just buy one their products & try to get some tech support now! Good Luck!

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, it looks as if Cerebrus has done it again! They are known for buying companies, extracting every penny they can out of them, saddling them with debt when they "loan" money to another Cerebrus related company, and then declare bankruptcy. They did that with a $600 million dollar company that I worked for as the Senior Director and then threw it away after stripping it. I am disgusted with their operational methods but can only sit back and watch it happen. If I had a bit more money, I would consider purchasing Remington and running it correctly.

Nelson
It’s a shame DuPont sold Remington. Cerberus wrecked Remington, loaded them up with debt and then dumped them. Now here we are two bankruptcies later.

Remington and Marlin’s quality reputation has been terrible the last few years. If I was a bit more of a wealthy man I’d say the gem in their portfolio is AAC. Their suppressors have a stellar reputation. If the internet can be believed they have well under a double digit number of employees left. Basically a skeleton crew. However their brand name is still solid and their reputation for quality is still intact. If a man could buy AAC for the right price and with a good management team he could do very well. The only wildcard is potential legislation, and the Communists in this country seizing complete control and banning suppressors completely. That would be my biggest fear, and isn’t as far fetched as it used to be.

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Wow, America’s oldest gunmaker is circling the drain and there are no comments on a firearms message board? This forum is dying and the new powers that be better figure something out fast because this place is bleeding out.
Sorry, didn't feel like I had much to contribute. I hope it's just a phase, but it is becoming more and more common, maybe even becoming the 'standard' that making money on a large scale has more to do with 'pump and dump' equity groups buying companies not to invest in something of value and grow that value in tandem with productivity and innovation, but by 'restructuring' selling off, borrowing against, whatever.

The best of capitalism is in small business, run by people who work. What is dominating these days is rotten, likes to wear the badge of capitalism, but is more of a strange neo-aristocracy of plundering plutocrats who have their whispering mouths deep enough into the system to reach into the pockets of working people without even being seen or felt. Really, they're no better than the communists, and maybe even worse, in that they're not that obvious about it.

·
Registered
8,632 Posts
It's just as well...There is no way in Hell that the new Remington could design, tool & produce my 1959 Nylon 66!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Cerberus really screwed the pooch on that one. That and they should have left Marlin manufacturing where it was, even though it was in communist CT.
Could have spun it back out on it's own if they were that hurting for cash.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Wish they never touched Marlin or broke up Bushmaster in to Windham. Maybe old employees of Marlin can buy it back pennies on the dollar?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts