M14 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a old modle 700 30-06 with a redfeild 2-7 scope the rifle was made in 1971 remington told me when I called about the bolt lock repair they are doing. This a nice ADL modle I bought it for 250.00 it has few marks on the stock the front sight blade is made of brass the stock is walnut nice checkering on it. Anyone know if the older 700 adl in say 95% are better made the barrel and action as to the newer one's.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
700's are the same rifle after the 721/722 era changeover. 4,000,000 and still counting - wood might be a bit better on some older 700 models however an ADL is an ADL and is the same basic rifle now as then except for the trigger group. Perhaps you are thinking of Winchester M70's. Winchester did change their M70 after the initial post '64 rifles were poorly received and then made big move (back) with USRA to the classic M70's action. Remington's new 700 CDL is a really nice looking rifle but still a 700 underneath the hood - whichis great as we know it will shoot great out of the box and continute to work w/out problems except for the lawyered trigger group.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The 700 is a great Rifle No Matter when it was made!
I picked up a Left Hand Custom Mountain Rifle, off a used gun rack at Gander Mountain back in "91". Turn's out "On A Good Day" it's capable of 1/2 M.O.A. at 600 yd's (shotting a practice for a Sniper match I dinged a 3" spotter 3 times in a row!) and that's with that thin whippy little 22" bbl!
I'm using it this weekend in a 4 gun 600 match,Hope I have another Good Day! B.T.W. I only paid $425.00 for it when I bought it.
Rick

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.