M14 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased 500rds of LC brass from Brassmanbrass.com.

Who reloads this brass for their M1A and whats your recuipe?

I just want a guideline so I can work up some loads...

I understand the thickness leads to smaller case capacity and therefore loaded down from my WIN brass loads.....

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Can you give us more information please. Would like to know what grain bullet and primer you plan to use.
Good choice on the brass, LC is one of the best. And yes being military brass it has thicker walls and webbing. This means it will produce greater case pressure than commercial brass. So you should start with a lighter load and work your way up.

Remington UMC case (L) LC case (R)

Glenn

·
Registered
558 Posts
I dont give out loads, but do start slightly lower for LC brass than you would for a commercial case. Stay with one of the 4895 powders for starters, its the "right" powder.

So if you are loading 41.5 grs. IMR 4895 behind a 168 SMK in Winchester case safely, start at 41.0.

Do check the cases with a case gauge like a Wilson, too, if they were once fired. I dont care what any company says they do to their once fired cases, its your gun, your hands, and your eyesight when the trigger gets pulled. "Their" sizing equipment was not proofed for "your" chamber....

·
Banned
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Banned
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I dont give out loads, but do start slightly lower for LC brass than you would for a commercial case. Stay with one of the 4895 powders for starters, its the "right" powder.

So if you are loading 41.5 grs. IMR 4895 behind a 168 SMK in Winchester case safely, start at 41.0.

Do check the cases with a case gauge like a Wilson, too, if they were once fired. I dont care what any company says they do to their once fired cases, its your gun, your hands, and your eyesight when the trigger gets pulled. "Their" sizing equipment was not proofed for "your" chamber....
Good info thanks..

·
Banned
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can you give us more information please. Would like to know what grain bullet and primer you plan to use.
Good choice on the brass, LC is one of the best. And yes being military brass it has thicker walls and webbing. This means it will produce greater case pressure than commercial brass. So you should start with a lighter load and work your way up.

Remington UMC case (L) LC case (R)

Glenn
Thanks I was trying to get an idea of HOW MUCH to download. I will just work up a load from scratch with this brass. Thanks. Cool picture.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts