M14 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 12 Posts

· Registered
476 Posts
You should see my bench, crap everywhere! That said I do know where most things are, at least sometimes. I don't know about the LC, I've never loaded it, and don't have a hole lot of practice on bottle neck cases, only 3-400 total. Maybe 5k of 45 and such though. As far as economy, I don't really save money on .308, but it sure is nice to have precession match grade ammo. I do save money on some rounds, like 45 colt, and especially on odd ammo like 45-75 WCF. And I try to do loading a little at a time so I don't feel pressed.

With pistol rounds I rarely lube, the wonder of carbide dies. With bottle neck rounds I lube just about everyone. Really like the Lee case lube.

· Registered
476 Posts
You mean about normal? If mine looks OK, I'd hate to see yours!

If your interested in saving a bit of time, I can't recommend the Lee cast progressive enough. It's fast and simple and reliable, easy to set up, and once you set your dies up you just change the aluminum die plate and shell holder to change to different ammo. It's not as fast as a true progressive, but a lot faster than a single stage.

1 - 2 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.