M14 Forum banner

Reloading Recipies (plz not for disaster)

1667 Views 8 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  Vet66
I've got some experience in reloading, but I've never done it for a semi-auto rifle. I was wondering what kind of loads you use for target shooting. The closest range to me only goes out to 200 yards, so I dont need anything too hot, basically I'm just looking for grains of powder and what type of primers you use. I'd regularly be using Winchester primers for my bolt rifles, but what works for you guys in the semi auto? Thanks.

Oh and also, slam fires, what are the possibilites of occurance/how to avoid.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Oh, I forgot. I found out that Winchester primers are soft, compairing to the CCI's I use now. The same for Federal.
Good luck, and play save!

greets,

Roger

· Registered
19 Posts
Hey TomO,

Thanks, but........... IMR is hard to get here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I use Vitha Vuori N140 for the M14. Between the 41 and 42 grains. It depends what bullet I use. Normaly, 42 grains with a Nato bullet shoots the most clean and accurate, Some guys on BR.com says that i should use N135 8O , but in my opinion is that powder to fast. N135 works great in a M16, but a 308 rifle.... And, BTW, the loading tables of Vitha don't mention N135 for .308 (only with 100 grains bullets I thought).
I alway's play save with ANY game :roll: , so also with reloading. I like reloading and I take my time for it. Anyway The charges I gif are also for own risk ofcourse :wink: .
I I can catch a bottle of IMR, I will try your load.

Greets and thanks,

Roger

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.