M14 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’d like to try reloading for 300ACC suppressed.
I’ve had a BCM 300 upper never used for years .
Now that I’m in a free state I can suppress.

What are the basics for reloading for 300ACC suppressed?

I would use fired brass from my off the shelf Sig ammo I have and will fire.

What are typical primers, powder, projectile for reloading 101 on 300ACC suppressed?
I don’t see much info even in my reloading books.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
I've done a few with Hornady 208's, but they will not cycle the action in an AR. OK with me, but others maybe not....... these were not for self defense/suppressed situations requiring semi auto functioning....IIRC I stayed at 11.0 Gr AA 5744 for those.

Reactions: Chingon

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
I've done a few with Hornady 208's, but they will not cycle the action in an AR. OK with me, but others maybe not....... these were not for self defense/suppressed situations requiring semi auto functioning....IIRC I stayed at 11.0 Gr AA 5744 for those.
Two words...switch block.

·
Registered
7,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I should state in do want a load the cycles my BCM Reece that has a 16” barrel.

·
Registered
472 Posts
The loads from the Hodgdon site operate the action on my two 16" rifles but
I use a Bootleg adjustable bolt carrier on the 10.5" pistol. I use a standard carbine spring and buffer on all three firearms.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Hodgdon came out with CFE black. I loaded 208 amax and 11.5 gr black. The only problem is it calls for a small rifle mag primer. I shot side by side with factory loads. The sound was the same suppressed.

·
Registered
7,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hodgdon came out with CFE black. I loaded 208 amax and 11.5 gr black. The only problem is it calls for a small rifle mag primer. I shot side by side with factory loads. The sound was the same suppressed.
Do you know if that load was subsonic?

·
Registered
7,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
What is the difference between a 300acc blackout projectile, and the .308?
I’d like to buy some projectiles for subsonic 300ac/black reloading, but I’m unclear on this requirement before I buy.

·
Registered
58 Posts
What is the difference between a 300acc blackout projectile, and the .308?
I’d like to buy some projectiles for subsonic 300ac/black reloading, but I’m unclear on this requirement before I buy.
Nothing except velocity. If you want to hunt with it, try 110’s and 120’s 125’s grainer. Shoot for at least 2000 fps.
H110 and 1680 had been my powders. The latter is more forgiving.
i have used cut 223’s to actual once fire 300blk brass. I use #41 or CC1 small rifle primer.
accuracy is better with lighter bullets with 1-8 twist. I have a 8.5 and 10.5 SBR on SDN6.
ive shot a few pigs with it ups to 150 yards.
any other heavier ammo would be a toss up if that bullet will expand at the velocity.
good luck. Btw subs are for fun only. 😝

1 - 11 of 11 Posts