M14 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I hadn't removed the trigger group from my M1A before, and after removing I see that if I try to re-install the trigger group, the guard looks like it's going to hit the trigger, which also means that it doesn't line up with the locking hole. It looked fine before I removed the group. Am I doing something wrong or something I'm missing? Did I break it when I took it out the first time? I've tried with the action open and closed, two different stocks, the safety on and off, to no avail.

Thank you in advance for your time and helping me resolve this.

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
How did you release the Trigger Guard when you removed it? Did you use a screw driver ,pliers any thing like that? I'm not sure but the "loop" does look like the radius is smaller.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Pull the guard back past the trigger and slap it in the hole. Don't be afraid it will be fine

Reactions: LoB and GARRARD

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
Pull the guard back past the trigger and slap it in the hole. Don't be afraid it will be fine
I always use a Philip's Head screwdriver to pull mine back but I don't remember having to go that far. Than again I don't take it apart that often.

·
Registered
188 Posts
The trigger guard is made from stamped steel with inherent "springiness" that, when closed, helps to keep it latched to the trigger housing. When closing the trigger guard, it should pass VERY close to (almost touching) the trigger. Some shooters / builders like the guard to brush the trigger as it is pivoted to its locking position. This demonstrates that the trigger guard will have a strong, secure "bite" on the trigger housing when it is completely closed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey everyone, I just used the screw driver and forced it in there. I was worried because this gun is my baby but it seems A OK! I appreciate all of your responses!!

Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Nice she is way tougher than you think. Give her some time and she will amaze you

Valken out

·
Registered
977 Posts
Mine pretty much hits the trigger too. I think that's acceptable, the trigger does not seem to stop its progress either up or down.

·
Eye Master
3,878 Posts
Just be aware of it, because if you do it wrong, and pinch the skin on your finger between the trigger and the trigger guard, it REALLY hurts!

Ummm, at least that's what I read in a book somewhere, or maybe I heard it from some guy I was talking to .... yeah, that's it.

·
Registered
661 Posts
yea I thought I boogerd mine up too, wasent that tight with the china Tupperware stock but the fiberglass that came from freds was that tight called fred he told me to push it as far as I could and then slap it hard and poped right in.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
it's hard, but...

Well man up and hit it, or we will have to have your "man card" back....

Seriously hit it with the ball of your hand.

·
Retired
4,670 Posts
Just be aware of it, because if you do it wrong, and pinch the skin on your finger between the trigger and the trigger guard, it REALLY hurts!

Ummm, at least that's what I read in a book somewhere, or maybe I heard it from some guy I was talking to .... yeah, that's it.
Now I'm thinking it was you that did that and don't want to "man up to it"...GI2

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Hey everyone, I just used the screw driver and forced it in there. I was worried because this gun is my baby but it seems A OK! I appreciate all of your responses!!

Thanks again!
It's a real man's Battle Rifle . . you don't have to baby it!! DI5

·
Registered
4,112 Posts

I heard, too, that you can drop the hammer as if it were firing when you have the TG out, but only a ding dong would do that. Or so I heard from some dude.

To the OP:

Yes, she is your baby, but she doesn't always need to be babied.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts