M14 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If a person had a M1a with a flass supressor on it b4 the ban in the Republic of Kalifornia what is the rules on it? the dose and don't can he sell it or does he have to get a muzzel brake for it ? And if a person could find one unfired still in the box what would it be worth today :?: about TIA [-(

·
Premium Member
1,056 Posts
Not sure if I understand your entire question, but here goes...

If you own a M1A w/ a flash hider before the 2000 ban in CA, you would have had to register it as an Assault Weapon. If you didn't, you would either have to give it up to the police, sell it out of state, or keep it but have the flash hider removed...replace it w/ a muzzle brake)

Now, if you still have the M1A...now w/ the muzzle brake on there to keep it legal in CA, you can sell it to another person in CA. You can also sell it out of state and ship the Flash Hider w/ it so that person can put the flash hider back on (w/o bayonet lug...unless your M1A is a "preban" M1A"...different than pre 2000 Kali AW ban)

As for what it is worth, it really depends on what kind of M1A is it, standard, NM, SM, etc. etc. Need more info.

·
Banned
611 Posts
I say move! I loved living in San Diego back in the 80's but you couldn't pay me enough to live there now with all the stupid laws. The rifle still makes the same size hole with or without the flash hider. Stupid polititions!
Texas is a cool state for gun owners. :lol:

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
There's no way to register it and no way to transfer a registered weapon. Your options would be as wdigeorge said: get it out of the state, turn it in or remove the GI flash suppressor.

As far as value, it'd be worth the same as any other M1A.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.