M14 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the reply (& original email inquiry) I got when asking about the availability of 30 round mags. I have heard that Checkmate makes fine mags. But this reply means that I will never do business with them -- for their hunting or limited capacity mags. I don't want to do business with a company that is willing to sell legal stuff to the employees (military & law enforcement) but not to the employer (the public).

=============================================
NO,

We do not sell the 30rd M14 mag.

We do make the 5,10, and 20rd M14, but we do not offer Hi-cap(above 10rd) mags for sale to the public.

Joe DeBello

Project Manager

Check-Mate Industries

631-491-1777

631-491-1745 fax

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Sunday, December 19, 2004 10:23 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: M1A1 (M-14) Magazines

Sirs,

Do you /have available for retail sale any 30 round M1A1 (M-14) magazines?

Samuel W. Spiteri

·
Registered
450 Posts
I have to agree with Sam 38, BTW, what gives cops the right to call citizens civillians? The cops are not military... am ex peace officer here, never considered myself any more priveleged than those I protected.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
;) Sam38 You really dont want a 30 Round Magazine for your 14 anyway(not if you want your Weapon to work properly) :!:

·
Registered
555 Posts
After reading this post I just HAD to write to Checkmate and see what their response was. Mr DeBello wrote back and said he has no problem selling to the public, but since he is a manufacturer and not a dealer, he "is not set up to take one and two piece orders all day". :roll: He is "more than glad to sell to the public if it's on large quantities".
:?
He also said that he's the OEM supplier to SA, Inc. Anyone have any of their 20 rounders? They want over $80 each on their website :!: :evil:

·
Forever Remembered - RIP
3,750 Posts
$80 for one magazine and $22 for a gross of 50. Wow, that's almost a 400% profit margin if anyone would buy them. I'm sure there are people paying that price at SAI 8O . When I tried to open up my gun shop 4 years ago, I was hard pressed to make a 15% to 20% profit margin. Maybe I ought to look at it again. I don't need to be rich. Being in the black is nice though :D .

·
Registered
824 Posts
Don't Cry Over Checkmate

CheckMate magazines were not made when the other USGI ones were but after the M14 was retired and then brought back and the government needed some. What mil specs were they manufactured to. I don't think nor do others that Checkmate have such great reputations that I want to buy one. There are plenty of USGI around and Armalite was selling like new USGI for twenty five. Thirty round mags don't have a good rep for realibility either.

·
Banned
10,629 Posts
I believe that CMI is here in NY.... if that's correct it's quite possible that the NY Assault Weapons ban (formerly the federal ban) prohibits the sale of postban high cap mags here in NY.

moving this to the new M-14 mags forum :D

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
CMI mags - good product however site sponsers have similar items. Jack -you are very correct about profit margins - most people don't realize how slim margins are in this day of inet sales. I doubt if there are more than a very few mag sales at $80 by SA - only public agencies would spend our tax dollars like that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.