M14 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some folks feel that if you refinish a USGI mags that you ruin any value they have. I purchased three (OM, KMT, BRW) for $60 recently. They are in excellent condition other than finish. I was told they were packed away years ago and moved alot over the years. I intend to use them for range mags. Who does a good repark job and how much do they run per mag?

thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I agree,,Dan has done work for me,and its top notch and reasonable!! Good guy to deal with!!! :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Dan does go work. He did some mags for me and I was quite happy.
The value in the mag is whether it functions well or not.
I'd ignore the issue whether is is worth more or less when refinished.
My 2 cents worth.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I was wrong it was last month's issue of SWAT. First one used was the TEFLON/MOLY finish oven cured product ffrom Brownells. It says it is a semi-gloss black coating which is found on most ar mags today. It says it is offered in OD (I would like that), Several shades of grey and earth brown.

Brownells Inc.
800-741-0015
www.brownells.com

Other option given is Perma-Slik from Georgia Precision. It is a grey, slightly textured finish and resembles the original finish used on most older GI magazines.

Georgia Precision
478-994-4560
www.georgiaprecision.com

I love SWAT magazine they always have some great articles. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the replys. May have to give the stuff from Brownells on some M16 mags. Found a special offer by Dans. $5.00 a mag sounds reasonable. Need to pack them up and get them off.

Thanks again

·
Registered
590 Posts
Don't forget to get a quote from Warbird. He took an old junker mag of mine and made it look suh-weet, and for very little $$.

flcracker

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Just to add to what WSAR15 and others have said - Dan did a great job for me on BOTH AR-15 and M14 USGI magazines. Several of the M14 magazines had signficant surface rust, a few with pitting. He took out the pits, kept the makers mark, and they looks like new. Work well, too. Quick turnaround, excellent work, and reasonable cost. I recommend him! See his website for the color options.

·
Forever Remembered - RIP
3,750 Posts
Another vote for Dan's here. He will be getting some small parts as well as mags as soon as I take care of other priorities. You could not ask for better service & prices IMHO when it comes to his products or work.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.