M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
For sale-
I have a whole bunch of these. Dual Sight Mount. Hardcoat anodized 7075 aluminum. Steel thumbscrew. The thumbscrew shoulder is the exact size as the hole through which it extends through in the mount, thereby being a structural part of the mount for lateral support in addition to clamping. Integral picatinny rails for scope mounting. Either a dovetail base for MRDs, or picatinny rail for a laser sight can be had, (Also hardcoat anodized. Pics are before anodizing).
DSM sets the scope axis 2.13" over the bore axis. Medium height rings for 1" and 30mm scope tubes will center the scope over the barrel. Vertical split rings are recommended for straight tube scopes. Provides unobstructed view of iron sights and excellent access to chamber/bolt; use of MRD or laser sight for close engagements. The view and chamber access are better than any other receiver mount. MRD used with left eye negates shifting of rifle or head for quick target acquisition. Dovetail slot allows for shooter to position MRD/laser dovetail base to individual needs. Even the three (3) dovetail base setscrews are rock solid 6-40 stainless steel cup point style.
Rather than lugs mating to grooves in the receiver, DSM uses grooves which are filled with a bedding material (such as JB weld) mating to the receiver grooves. (Note- in the pic below the grooves have a rod in it, which is where the bedding material would be set). A perfect lug is formed to fit to any out of spec receiver. This process is so simple even I can do it. If you like, I can e-mail instructions for review.

Guarantee- If you purchase and don't like it, send it back unmarred and without bedding for a refund.

Lowered my prices to give the best deal I can

Cost for DSM (specify standard receiver or left hand receiver) is $95 now $85 second DSM is $75 now $70
Cost for dovetail base is $35 now $30 (specify MRD make/model, or picatinny rail)
CONUS shipping is $10
Payment by check or USPS money order. Check must clear before shipping.
Forum rules apply for purchase.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Instructions?

Hello RNY, i PM'd you earlier, I forgot to ask if you have installation instructions on the mount, I'd like to know it there are any special tools/equipment needed before I install.

Thx, cyclops63

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Bedded lugs fit any out of spec receiver.
Best view of iron sights compared to any other mount.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
Okay, these are cheap enough that I think I need one for the rifle I will have... some day :)

It will be a motivating factor. Maybe I'll hang it from the ceiling as a good luck charm until it has a place to perch.

If you PM me your Paypal information, or whatever, will get it done :)

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Okay, these are cheap enough that I think I need one for the rifle I will have... some day :)

It will be a motivating factor. Maybe I'll hang it from the ceiling as a good luck charm until it has a place to perch.

If you PM me your Paypal information, or whatever, will get it done :)
For excellent motivation just place it bedside on your nightstand. You'll look at it at least twice a day. Be on the mind all day, and in your dreams at night. GI2

1 - 20 of 75 Posts