M14 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
I agree with you that voting for the lesser of two evils sucks, but for now its the best we have. The libertarians dont ever seem to have near enuf votes to win any meaningful office where they might actually do some good.

Something else some of you should bear in mind. The RINOS know things we dont know, like what the alternatives to going along with some of this stuff were. Remember the Repubs dont control either House of Congress, nor the WH, in effect having little say in what goes on and gets passed.
Dont think for a moment the demtards are happy about this, its nowhere near what they actually wanted to see passed. No mag ban, no AWB, no ammo ban, no age limit raising (AFAIK), in short as the old saying goes, it could have been a whole lot worse than this.
Another thing to remember is what any politicians first job and responsibility is. Getting re elected! Everything else is secondary.
And nothing has been signed into law, the sausage is still being made.
Bill Clinton comes to mind when he won twice when Ross Perot split the ticket both times. CWO

·
Registered
221 Posts
I felt Trump didn't have a chance in the Primaries in 2016. Luckly I was able to vote for him when it mattered. Wish he would let Desantis run for a sure thing. Lots of folks hate his guts and he might inspire a loss again. This country can't take another Democrat in the WH in the near future. Trump not getting any press right now and when he does I sure he will run his mouth and overload his ass. Folks are so finicky anymore. CWO

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
I supported, and still support Trump.

I think his best effort at this point would be to help DeSantis.
I support his platform but his personality made many folks vote for Brandon. I agree he should support DeSantis.
Speaking of stupid votes.....I voted for Romney :confused: (he was running against O'Bummer)

·
Registered
Scout Squad AA9126
1,062 Posts
"Rolled the dice", "suckers", "split the ticket"... really? Did you, or did you not vote for the candidate that you wanted to win? Voting for your candidate did not "cause" someone else to win. Your candidate can either win or lose... what's with all the pathetic second-guessing, self-flagellation, and volunteering to be the target in the blame game.

Give yourself some credit, be honest, and hold yourself accountable. Anyone who is afraid of supporting a "losing" candidate needs to vote on polls and projections only- but you'll have to leave your ethics and principles out of all political considerations. But realize- you have to accept that your "candidate" still might lose.

It's like when you hear people say "I'll take the win even if we cheated"... the people espousing that sentiment don't deserve honor or respect. Don't let anyone make you doubt your ethics- and sure as hell don't allow anyone to convince you to give them up... for any reason.

Wish he would let Desantis run for a sure thing.
If Trump's ego derails a DeSantis bid for the presidency... that would be a catastrophically unforgivable transgression.

·
Premium Member
4,077 Posts
Bush, McCain, Romney, I was voting in retreat with no good option until Trump came along.
But he simply ran out of political Capital with his off the cuff style and unfiltered thinking out loud.
I have no problem with it but it cost him the election.
He was the First to address the true nature of the Swamp directly.

·
Premium Member
4,077 Posts
Give yourself some credit, be honest, and hold yourself accountable. Anyone who is afraid of supporting a "losing" candidate needs to vote on polls and projections only- but you'll have to leave your ethics and principles out of all political considerations. But realize- you have to accept that your "candidate" still might lose.
Problem is Reality Bites.
Elections have consequences.
It wasn’t merely a projection.
Clinton got 8 years in office.

If Trump's ego derails a DeSantis bid for the presidency... that would be a catastrophically unforgivable transgression.
Well there you go.

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
I'll vote for Trump in again. Long before desantis.

You honestly beleive there won't be a record kept?
I think you misunderstand. I was referring to the OP or someone alluding to vets and others being targeted by this legislation. Not that gun sales records arent being kept, I believe they are and have been for some time.
I support his platform but his personality made many folks vote for Brandon. I agree he should support DeSantis.
Speaking of stupid votes.....I voted for Romney :confused: (he was running against O'Bummer)
There was no other choice at that time, I did too. Romney turned into a big fink, but it was either him or the Bamster.

·
Registered
Scout Squad AA9126
1,062 Posts
Clinton got 8 years in office
...because of the voters that voted for him. What's contemptible is blaming the voters that didn't vote for Clinton for him winning. I didn't vote for Clinton- yet he won. Did you vote for Clinton? See how that works?

What's distasteful is placing the blame for one's own personal candidate's loss on others- especially when you blame those who didn't vote for the winner either.

But it's all good- I will defend another's freedom to vote for the candidate of their choice with my life. Because Principle matters.

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
"Rolled the dice", "suckers", "split the ticket"... really? Did you, or did you not vote for the candidate that you wanted to win? Voting for your candidate did not "cause" someone else to win. Your candidate can either win or lose... what's with all the pathetic second-guessing, self-flagellation, and volunteering to be the target in the blame game.

It's like when you hear people say "I'll take the win even if we cheated"... the people espousing that sentiment don't deserve honor or respect. Don't let anyone make you doubt your ethics- and sure as hell don't allow anyone to convince you to give them up... for any reason.

So would you deny that Ross Perot split the vote for what would have gone to Bush, but instead helped give Clinton the win? Clinton won with 43 percent of the popular vote. Ross and Bush split the rest and combined had more votes than Billy Boy. Clinton did win the electoral vote however.
If dummies like me had just voted for Bush instead of Perot, Bush probably would have won a second term.
Instead we got two terms of Billary for our "principled" vote.
I wont do it again.
This country cannot afford another Billary, Bamster or Ol Joey in the WH. Joey is arguably the worst of the 3. He wont be able to run again, the dems wont let him even if he is still able to walk by then, so right now we have no idea who their candidate will be, but whoever it is, it wont be good for America.

And to answer your initial question, yes, I wanted Perot to win, but not at the expense of Billary winning. I actually thought Perot could win. Naivete on my part.

·
Premium Member
4,077 Posts
People win elections because they get the most votes.
There are multiple factors that contribute to that outcome.
You can rationalize all you want to but it doesn’t change reality.

You can try to dismiss the effect of people who don’t vote or dilute unity of opposition, but the causes and effects remain the same.

...because of the voters that voted for him. What's contemptible is blaming the voters that didn't vote for Clinton for him winning. I didn't vote for Clinton- yet he won. Did you vote for Clinton? See how that works?
No.
We weren’t unified in our opposition to him.
When an electorate is generally 50/50 between two parties and members of one side vote for a third candidate they effectively default to the opposition.
Simple arithmetic.
No getting around that Fact.

If your premise were correct, republicans who do not vote would have no impact on the outcome by not voting.
Your implication that sitting out elections has no consequence is absurd.
You conscience effectively justifies doing nothing.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
I’d be thrilled to see democrats vote Libertarian.
..and give up all the gov't cheese? I doubt it - baby-daddies will stop making babies and baby-mommas be out of cash-cows.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
I supported, and still support Trump.

I think his best effort at this point would be to help DeSantis.
If DeSantis is that smart, he will sit out the 2024 election for president. He is young - lots of chances to make his mark. A matchup between Trump and DeSAntis will split the Republicans so bad, they will never recover from a loss to Democrats or the Bernies'.

I have learned to like the mean tweets - exactly what I have in mind and would say if I were in the same spot. Trump is not your typical Republican- that is why he carries a lot of weight on the right. He can easily take 85% of Republican voters. YOu can see what happens to never-Trumpers and RINOs - they are all getting pushed out. Just look at the wins Trump is getting away with w/ his endorsements. The November midterms is one loss Democrats will not recover from in a long time. And 2024 - Trump should be well-rested.

I will venture to say - a Trump/DeSantis 2024 ticket will guaranty Republican run for 12 years. For those who will be retiring close to 2024 - YOU had better hope Trump is in office. Or you nest egg will be empty - if Democrats remain.

41 - 60 of 153 Posts