M14 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
10,604 Posts
Passing this does not put anyone on a list as was suggested. Not how it works. Dont get me wrong, I hate these laws too but lets not lose our minds over it.
It is not yet law and no guarantee it ever will be.
Here is WA at least with our RF law in place it has been used I read about 30 times in a few years time. Before anyone guns can be removed, a court must review it, not just local LE.
Throwing all Republicans under the bus for this is just silly. Who will you vote for, demtards?
Dont bother throwing your vote away on Libertarians, they cant get up a game of Jacks, they talk a good story but cant get elected.
If we just fold our tents and give up, guess who continues to control Congress and the WH?
Take a deep breath, stop poking holes in the air with your fingers and continue to keep your eyes on the prize,,, November.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Well..if it passed the Senate, then it is on its way to Biden. Why would it go back to the House?

This is why we need the midterms to a clean up on both houses. And Trump is needed more than ever. You may not like the way he does running his mouth, but the results are undeniable.

WE are the lions. NOT these liberals. And the lion is content to sit there being poked by the sheep. Just unbelievable -

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Passing this does not put anyone on a list as was suggested. Not how it works. Dont get me wrong, I hate these laws too but lets not lose our minds over it.
It is not yet law and no guarantee it ever will be.
Here is WA at least with our RF law in place it has been used I read about 30 times in a few years time. Before anyone guns can be removed, a court must review it, not just local LE.
Throwing all Republicans under the bus for this is just silly. Who will you vote for, demtards?
Dont bother throwing your vote away on Libertarians, they cant get up a game of Jacks, they talk a good story but cant get elected.
If we just fold our tents and give up, guess who continues to control Congress and the WH?
Take a deep breath, stop poking holes in the air with your fingers and continue to keep your eyes on the prize,,, November.
All it takes is a phone call in the middle of the night, like the one Harry Reid got about Mitt Romney’s unpaid taxes. When Dirty Harry was asked about the source on 60 Minutes? He chuckled and said Romney didn’t win…

There’s the due process you can expect under the new Totalitarian regime that’s forming…

·
Registered
10,585 Posts
From the text of the House Bill
Not later than 1 year after the date of enactment of this Act, and annually thereafter, the Attorney General shall submit to the Committee on the Judiciary of the Senate and the Committee on the Judiciary of the House of Representatives a report that includes, with respect to the preceding year, the demographic data of persons who were determined to be ineligible to purchase a firearm based on a background check performed by the National Instant Criminal Background Check System, including race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, gender, age, disability, average annual income, and English language proficiency, if available.
So how exactly will this data be recorded and saved for future reference (as I suppose that the Committees intend to use them for examining criminal activity) unless all 4473 data is retained in a permanent database...which is against the law because it becomes a Federal repository of gun purchases.

·
Registered
Scout Squad AA9126
903 Posts
Dont bother throwing your vote away on Libertarians
Voting for the candidate that represents your principles and is the person that you emphatically want to see win the election is never "throwing your vote away". And it is rather disingenuous to recommend voting for a "lesser of evil" candidate- it only promulgates the duopoly's continual "big lie" about candidates from parties that "can't get elected".

I simply suggest that the most honest and creditable thing a voter can to do is to cast their vote for the candidate that they actually want to see hold the office- not for anyone else. Whichever candidate a voter pics is not my business- it's theirs.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
That's exactly my point after having experienced "Family Court" in Florida at the hands of a vengeful ex-girlfriend that tried to take out a protection order, she lost, and without a good lawyer representing you in court you're screwed! It's already this way, imagine Red Flag on steroids?
I wonder if a crazy ex girlfriends more likely to swat you than a wife/ex wife.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
I wonder if a crazy ex girlfriends more likely to swat you than a wife/ex wife.
Take your pick, but my bet based on knowing women is it’ll be someone that you sleep with and knows you own a gun, or maybe a disgruntled neighbor or anyone with a grievance, or maybe it’ll be someone that just doesn’t like your opinion. There was a “Swatting” incident in Pasco County this week, I figure you know where that is. Some guy pod casting on YT had a Sheriff SWAT Team show up at his door, the 911 caller said the person was armed and executing family members inside the residence with shots heard outside the home…

·
Registered
10,604 Posts
Voting for the candidate that represents your principles and is the person that you emphatically want to see win the election is never "throwing your vote away". And it is rather disingenuous to recommend voting for a "lesser of evil" candidate- it only promulgates the duopoly's continual "big lie" about candidates from parties that "can't get elected".

I simply suggest that the most honest and creditable thing a voter can to do is to cast their vote for the candidate that they actually want to see hold the office- not for anyone else. Whichever candidate a voter pics is not my business- it's theirs.
I agree with you that voting for the lesser of two evils sucks, but for now its the best we have. The libertarians dont ever seem to have near enuf votes to win any meaningful office where they might actually do some good.

Something else some of you should bear in mind. The RINOS know things we dont know, like what the alternatives to going along with some of this stuff were. Remember the Repubs dont control either House of Congress, nor the WH, in effect having little say in what goes on and gets passed.
Dont think for a moment the demtards are happy about this, its nowhere near what they actually wanted to see passed. No mag ban, no AWB, no ammo ban, no age limit raising (AFAIK), in short as the old saying goes, it could have been a whole lot worse than this.
Another thing to remember is what any politicians first job and responsibility is. Getting re elected! Everything else is secondary.
And nothing has been signed into law, the sausage is still being made.

·
Registered
Scout Squad AA9126
903 Posts
21 - 40 of 153 Posts