M14 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Scout Squad AA9126
1,069 Posts
I no longer support nor vote Republican and they can all go to Hell for selling us out!
The Libertarian Party is the only national party that stands for your unqualified right to keep and bear arms.

·
Registered
Scout Squad AA9126
1,069 Posts
Dont bother throwing your vote away on Libertarians
Voting for the candidate that represents your principles and is the person that you emphatically want to see win the election is never "throwing your vote away". And it is rather disingenuous to recommend voting for a "lesser of evil" candidate- it only promulgates the duopoly's continual "big lie" about candidates from parties that "can't get elected".

I simply suggest that the most honest and creditable thing a voter can to do is to cast their vote for the candidate that they actually want to see hold the office- not for anyone else. Whichever candidate a voter pics is not my business- it's theirs.

·
Registered
Scout Squad AA9126
1,069 Posts

·
Registered
Scout Squad AA9126
1,069 Posts
"Rolled the dice", "suckers", "split the ticket"... really? Did you, or did you not vote for the candidate that you wanted to win? Voting for your candidate did not "cause" someone else to win. Your candidate can either win or lose... what's with all the pathetic second-guessing, self-flagellation, and volunteering to be the target in the blame game.

Give yourself some credit, be honest, and hold yourself accountable. Anyone who is afraid of supporting a "losing" candidate needs to vote on polls and projections only- but you'll have to leave your ethics and principles out of all political considerations. But realize- you have to accept that your "candidate" still might lose.

It's like when you hear people say "I'll take the win even if we cheated"... the people espousing that sentiment don't deserve honor or respect. Don't let anyone make you doubt your ethics- and sure as hell don't allow anyone to convince you to give them up... for any reason.

Wish he would let Desantis run for a sure thing.
If Trump's ego derails a DeSantis bid for the presidency... that would be a catastrophically unforgivable transgression.

·
Registered
Scout Squad AA9126
1,069 Posts
Clinton got 8 years in office
...because of the voters that voted for him. What's contemptible is blaming the voters that didn't vote for Clinton for him winning. I didn't vote for Clinton- yet he won. Did you vote for Clinton? See how that works?

What's distasteful is placing the blame for one's own personal candidate's loss on others- especially when you blame those who didn't vote for the winner either.

But it's all good- I will defend another's freedom to vote for the candidate of their choice with my life. Because Principle matters.

·
Registered
Scout Squad AA9126
1,069 Posts
You can rationalize all you want to but it doesn’t change reality
Ironically- that's exactly what the "losing" candidate's proponents are doing right here, right now- hence my responses.

But you have answered a question that has baffled me for quite a while in my attempts to survey the depths of the perilous partisanship quagmire... " dilute unity of opposition".

Ah-ha... now it makes sense. It all boils down to an "Us" versus "Them" conflict. How simple.

Except, of course... the majority of the "players" in this game can freely change sides, wear each other's uniforms, they can rewrite the game's rules, they get paid no matter how lousy they play, etc., etc. And worse- from the stands a spectator can't really be sure who is on the "Us" team or the "Them" team. Now throw in the ability to redefine "Us" and Them" while on the fly into the mix and you've got a real conundrum on your hands... especially when you've hobbled yourself by a two-dimensional strategy on the duopoly field of play. It's really a trap best avoided.

And that's why a candidate's principles, morals, and ethics matter so much (which includes thoughts, words, and deeds). The kind of candidate I can ethically back is easy to distinguish from the pack of interchangeable "Us" and "Them" players scurrying around on the field- people with principle stand out in a crowd of lessers.

But, for those unable or unwilling to countenance the essentiality of ascension by merit over cheating (i.e., ends will never justify means)... I guess they'll never even notice the complete absence of virtue. It's sad, but... what can you do.

For me, I'll continue to side with morality and vote based on principle- and I'll defend your right to do the same... regardless of whether you pick the high or the low road to travel.

Carry on

Reactions: David Weston

·
Registered
Scout Squad AA9126
1,069 Posts
THere is probably no one more moral than Jimmy Carter. But he was an ineffective and incompetent leader. Sound decision making skills do not come from morality. IT comes from experience.
Interestingly, I just read a Carter-Biden comparison piece...

·
Registered
Scout Squad AA9126
1,069 Posts
You go to a pretty lengthy effort to make a personal insult.
No personal insult intended- my apologies. Just emphasizing the relevance of alternative perspectives.

Reactions: E pluribus unum

·
Registered
Scout Squad AA9126
1,069 Posts
Ah, yes. Conservative kindness. Our morals are the hill to die on. We think more purely than those dirty leftists.

I mean I get it. I wish the world was that way. But it's not. Marxists will happily dome you through their red dot sights.
If folks go all Nazi and get rid of all the Nazis... there'll be nobody left but Nazis.

But, to each their own...

·
Registered
Scout Squad AA9126
1,069 Posts
The point is... nothing will ever be "gotten rid of" by attempting to eradicate it. We know you understand this. And while we empathize with those feeling overcome by fear and panic...

Reactions: wldtrky and M11293

·
Registered
Scout Squad AA9126
1,069 Posts
In response to those questioning the utility of "third" parties...

There's a whole lot of room in between the extreme ends of the political spectrum. In fact, some suggest that the two extremes actually curve towards one another- effectively connecting together on the "backside" of the continuum (attracted to one another by the inherent "magnetic" pull of tyrannical force).

Most people fall squarely in the middle of the two extremes, and the most conscientious folks are decidedly cognizant of the tangible dangers engendered by those occupying the two ends- the extreme types actively creating the majority of the adversity.

But, to each their own.

Reactions: Old John

·
Registered
Scout Squad AA9126
1,069 Posts
The entire video is well worth watching.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts