M14 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Forget innocent until proven guilty. Red flag certain people with guilt without a violent criminal record and make them prove their own innocence and they they are harmless. (Of course no one is harmless unless they are an invalid in a wheelchair that is helpless.) We won't use this on political enemies will we? Of course not. The stench and rot inside the District of Columbia is on full display.

·
Registered
609 Posts
So, if you're a combat veteran, or ever been in family court on a domestic issue they're coming after us, that's two strikes for me! I recently told my story about an ex-girlfriend going after me with a protection order, and even though I won, and the judge denied the order for lack of evidence, there's still a court record of there being one, but it's redacted, so what that means to me is even though I was judged innocent, I'm still guilty when someone checks that record because it exists...
You cannot get that false accusation expunged from your record? I thought one could do it but it obviously costs money.

Reactions: Cool Breeze

·
Registered
609 Posts
Sounds like the federals may grant money to states to use on red flag laws as long as there is a due process convention set up.
The huge problem with red flag gun confiscation laws is there is no due process. Our legal system used to have the following for due process before red flag laws:

1) Right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed
2) To be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation
3) To be confronted with the witnesses against him
4) To have process for obtaining witnesses in his favor
5) To have the Assistance of Counsel for his defense

Under red flag laws all or most of the above in due process is eliminated. A hearing is made without the accused present and if a judge or multiple judges agree with the accuser your firearms will be confiscated. Then you can go and beg the judge for your property back after your property has been taken from you. In Florida I heard that it is a 1 in 6 chance the judge will agree and side with you and give your property back.

·
Registered
609 Posts
The Libertarian Party is the only national party that stands for your unqualified right to keep and bear arms.
There are Republicans that still stand with the Bill of Rights. In the Federal Senate Mike Lee, Rand Paul and Ted Cruz are a few I can name off the top of my head. The Republicans that are voting for these tyrant laws against our 2nd, 5th and 6th Amendment rights need to be thrown out of office. Thirty-one States do not have red flag gun confiscation laws on their books at the present time. Most of these are red Republican States.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Dan Bongino breaks down this awful citizen gun control bill that will infringe even more on our 2nd Amendment liberties. Likely the red free States can cut out another 5% to 10% of their liberties from the 75% of the liberty cake that remains. Listen here:

·
Registered
609 Posts
Biden Signs Bipartisan ‘Safer Communities Act’ with Help from These 15 Grand Old Party Senators
by S.H. Blannelberry on June 28, 2022

In case you missed it over the weekend, President Biden signed into law the bipartisan “Safer Communities Act.”

The first major, federal gun-control package in nearly three decades, it does all of the following and more:

* Incentivizes states to adopt confiscatory “red flag” schemes
* Expands background checks for adults under 21 which may create delays
* Makes changes to the definition of Federal Firearm Licensee, those “engaged in the business” of buying and selling firearms
* Broadens “gun trafficking” offenses that could ensnare unsuspecting citizens

“While this bill doesn’t do everything I want, it does include actions I’ve long called for that are going to save lives,” Biden said on Saturday before putting pen to paper.

“Today, we say more than enough. We say more than enough,” he added. “At a time when it seems impossible to get anything done in Washington, we are doing something consequential.”

The National Rifle Association was sharp in its criticism of the legislation.

“The NRA cannot and will not support senseless gun control measures that some in Congress have already said is just a first step that ‘paves the way’ for additional gun control that will only infringe on the rights of the law-abiding,” the organization said in a statement obtained by GunsAmerica.

“These measures were hastily jammed through with ambiguous language and overbroad definitions to appease gun control supporters in Congress,” it continued. “Behind the façade and the contrived talking points of safety, school security and mental health, this is a gun control bill. That’s why the NRA strongly opposed it.”

Read more at: https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/...ies-act-with-help-from-these-15-gop-senators/

1 - 6 of 6 Posts