M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 153 Posts

·
Civilian Non-Combatant
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Senate has passed a Federal Red Flag bill with the help of 14 Republicans. It will now go to the House.

Two groups will be heavily affected: Veterans who have ever had post dep[loyment counseling and anyone who has been in a nasty divorce.

Many who have experienced the stress of violent combat have had some amount of counseling. This law will class them as potentially dangerous.

Many men who have been involved in a contested divorce have been falsely accused of very bad things thst do not have to be proven to be untrue. These men will also be considered to be dangerous by this legislation.

Thanks go to Texas Senator Cornyn, Sen mitch McConnel and 12 other Republicans In Name Only.

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Those that voted for bill:

• The bill's co-sponsor, Sen. John Cornyn of Texas
  • Minority Leader Mitch McConnell of Kentucky
  • Sen. Roy Blunt of Missouri
  • Sen. Richard Burr of North Carolina
  • Sen. Shelley Capito of West Virginia
  • Sen. Bill Cassidy of Louisiana
  • Sen. Susan Collins of Maine
  • Sen. Joni Ernst of Iowa
  • Sen. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina
  • Sen. Lisa Murkowski of Alaska
  • Sen. Rob Portman of Ohio
  • Sen. Mitt Romney of Utah
  • Sen. Thom Tillis of North Carolina
  • Sen. Todd Young of Indiana
Senators Pat Toomey of Pennsylvania, who helped come up with the bill's framework and released a statement in support of the bill, and Kevin Cramer of North Dakota did not vote.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Forget innocent until proven guilty. Red flag certain people with guilt without a violent criminal record and make them prove their own innocence and they they are harmless. (Of course no one is harmless unless they are an invalid in a wheelchair that is helpless.) We won't use this on political enemies will we? Of course not. The stench and rot inside the District of Columbia is on full display.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
I already knew they'd betray us; I was just waiting to see how bad it would be. That's why I've completely lost faith in the Republican Party, they have let us down almost every single time since I can remember...

So, if you're a combat veteran, or ever been in family court on a domestic issue they're coming after us, that's two strikes for me! I recently told my story about an ex-girlfriend going after me with a protection order, and even though I won, and the judge denied the order for lack of evidence, there's still a court record of there being one, but it's redacted, so what that means to me is even though I was judged innocent, I'm still guilty when someone checks that record because it exists...Damn those traitorous RINO's all to Hell anyway, I no longer support nor vote Republican and they can all go to Hell for selling us out!

·
Registered
626 Posts
So, if you're a combat veteran, or ever been in family court on a domestic issue they're coming after us, that's two strikes for me! I recently told my story about an ex-girlfriend going after me with a protection order, and even though I won, and the judge denied the order for lack of evidence, there's still a court record of there being one, but it's redacted, so what that means to me is even though I was judged innocent, I'm still guilty when someone checks that record because it exists...
You cannot get that false accusation expunged from your record? I thought one could do it but it obviously costs money.

Reactions: Cool Breeze

·
Registered
SA precision loaded
195 Posts
The Senate has passed a Federal Red Flag bill with the help of 14 Republicans. It will now go to the House.

Two groups will be heavily affected: Veterans who have ever had post dep[loyment counseling and anyone who has been in a nasty divorce.

Many who have experienced the stress of violent combat have had some amount of counseling. This law will class them as potentially dangerous.

Many men who have been involved in a contested divorce have been falsely accused of very bad things thst do not have to be proven to be untrue. These men will also be considered to be dangerous by this legislation.

Thanks go to Texas Senator Cornyn, Sen mitch McConnel and 12 other Republicans In Name Only.
Makes perfect sense to me. If I were a despotic government, my biggest fear would be any Rambos in my society.

The more combat seen, the more elite the soldier. Get them into counseling and get their guns!

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
You cannot get that false accusation expunged from your record? I thought one could do it but it obviously costs money.
That's the whole point, "Money". I'm sure it's all about making lawyers rich as well, if you can afford one to clear your name or prove your innocence, against all the bullshit that's sure to come out of this Red Flag travesty against legal gun owners that find themselves guilty until they can pay to prove their innocence. I cannot overstate the fact that most of these judges will throw you under the bus when it comes to gun rights unless you have good lawyer representation in court.

Well, looks to me the Republicans just lost the midterms, and they lost my vote for the foreseeable future as well, they are treasonous, worthless & feckless, and nothing proved it more than Trump's tenure as POTUS and how they reacted to it...Buh Bye.

Smile Hat Human Fedora Font

·
Registered
4,398 Posts

·
Registered
Scout Squad AA9126
1,089 Posts
I no longer support nor vote Republican and they can all go to Hell for selling us out!
The Libertarian Party is the only national party that stands for your unqualified right to keep and bear arms.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Sounds like the federals may grant money to states to use on red flag laws as long as there is a due process convention set up.
The huge problem with red flag gun confiscation laws is there is no due process. Our legal system used to have the following for due process before red flag laws:

1) Right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed
2) To be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation
3) To be confronted with the witnesses against him
4) To have process for obtaining witnesses in his favor
5) To have the Assistance of Counsel for his defense

Under red flag laws all or most of the above in due process is eliminated. A hearing is made without the accused present and if a judge or multiple judges agree with the accuser your firearms will be confiscated. Then you can go and beg the judge for your property back after your property has been taken from you. In Florida I heard that it is a 1 in 6 chance the judge will agree and side with you and give your property back.

·
Registered
626 Posts
The Libertarian Party is the only national party that stands for your unqualified right to keep and bear arms.
There are Republicans that still stand with the Bill of Rights. In the Federal Senate Mike Lee, Rand Paul and Ted Cruz are a few I can name off the top of my head. The Republicans that are voting for these tyrant laws against our 2nd, 5th and 6th Amendment rights need to be thrown out of office. Thirty-one States do not have red flag gun confiscation laws on their books at the present time. Most of these are red Republican States.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
The huge problem with red flag gun confiscation laws is there is no due process. Our legal system used to have the following for due process before red flag laws:

1) Right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed
2) To be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation
3) To be confronted with the witnesses against him
4) To have process for obtaining witnesses in his favor
5) To have the Assistance of Counsel for his defense

Under red flag laws all or most of the above in due process is eliminated. A hearing is made without the accused present and if a judge or multiple judges agree with the accuser your firearms will be confiscated. Then you can go and beg the judge for your property back after your property has been taken from you. In Florida I heard that it is a 1 in 6 chance the judge will agree and side with you and give your property back.
That's exactly my point after having experienced "Family Court" in Florida at the hands of a vengeful ex-girlfriend that tried to take out a protection order, she lost, and without a good lawyer representing you in court you're screwed! It's already this way, imagine Red Flag on steroids?

·
Registered
4,398 Posts
I don’t like red flag laws. But it looks like due process was somehow added to the requirements for states to use federal grants. So sounds like not much changed in the states that were already doing the red flag laws.

I don’t like where they say ‘dangerous’ as that is subjective. We should check the fine print for magazine restrictions etc.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I agree with most of what is posted, Rino's suck, and with Red Flags, seeking counseling may not provide the outcome a person hopes. However, this bill was a poison pill for the Repubs, as if it was voted down, there would be more potential to overturn the filibuster and the Dems then approve worse gun control.

1 - 20 of 153 Posts