M14 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last summer I went to shoot my Marlin while out in an open field, but the sun caused my front sight to fade out against the background and I couldn't see it. I decided to put a red dot sight on it, but I wanted something small that didn't look too out of place. I decided on the Burris Fastfire III. I finally got around to getting it mounted. I zeroed it dead on at 100 yards. I then shot at a water filled one-gallon milk jug at 200 yards just to how well it would work at a distance. I placed the dot just a hair above the milk jug and nailed it. I am pretty pleased with this setup and I think it should work just fine for deer and hogs.

Now I'm thinking about mounting one on my 1894 .357.

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
The first thing I do is disappear that silly front sight hood, and then mount a peep on the receiver. I don't know what that hood is supposed to do, but it's never worked for me, either.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

This is my M1A setup. I did have the Burris Fastfire III mounted on an Ultimak rail, but the rail caused a lot of accuracy problems, so I took it off and used a Smith-Enterprise scope mount instead. I hunt with this rifle and sometimes use it in 3-gun matches. If you can see your target, a red dot is very hard to beat for speed and accuracy.

While I'm thinking about it, if anyone is interested, I'll sell the Ultimak rail for $100.00 shipped.

·
In the gilded halls of Valhala
13,515 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts

This is my M1A setup. I did have the Burris Fastfire III mounted on an Ultimak rail, but the rail caused a lot of accuracy problems, so I took it off and used a Smith-Enterprise scope mount instead. I hunt with this rifle and sometimes use it in 3-gun matches. If you can see your target, a red dot is very hard to beat for speed and accuracy.

While I'm thinking about it, if anyone is interested, I'll sell the Ultimak rail for $100.00 shipped.
I really like how your rifles looks, I haven't seen one quite like that before

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.