M14 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
If you mount an EoTech or Aimpoint on a M1A scout, will you still be able to use iron sights?

No. The way that the Scout forward mount is set up it will not allow you to see through to your BUIS (back-up iron sights).

The key would be to have a QD mount on your EoTech or Aimpoint allowing you to quickly detach the red dot and go to the irons.

Now, if you have a Bush or Standard M1A with an Arms #18 mount or Smith Enterprise Mount, these mounts will allow you to see THROUGH the mount to the BUIS with out removing the Red Dot optic:

Arms #18 mount
Aimpoint CompM2
Arms #22M68 Quick Detach Mount/ ring

Plus, I just like posting pics. of my rifles!! :D :D

Hope this answers your question.....

Triggerman

·
Registered
35 Posts
Being able to see the iron sights without removing red dot optic is also dependant on the optic mount you use. As far I know the ARMS 22M68 is the only mount you can "sort of" see your irons with it mounted because it has a cut in the picatinny rail guide.

triggerman - Does that TV still work? To think you have to get up everytime you want to change the channel... blasphemy!

·
Registered
377 Posts
No

RED DOT

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.