M14 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can get a red dot mount that goes in the clip guide for the M1 A. Looking for one that is reasonably priced and a good quality. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
You can check out the second link below for a red dot mount I have for sale in the PX. It doesn't use the stripper clip guide but may work for you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Call Springfield Armory customer service. They will sell you a red dot mount that replaces the stripper clip guide. $85. They don't offer it on their online store.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Red Dots should fit like a scope on any M1A scope mount. Go with the cheapest scope mount that you can find unless you want quick release rings too. I would! Then, you'd need a quality mount like Basset, etc. All my scopes except the one on my bolt gun use Warne quick release steel rings. They provide <1/2 MOA loss if detached and remounted. But, you also have to attach them to a rail to get reliable return to POI.. Good luck!

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
You can check out the second link below for a red dot mount I have for sale in the PX. It doesn't use the stripper clip guide but may work for you.
I haven't tried the dedicated red dot mount, though I've bought a few of the scope mounts, and can attest to the quality. Now, because part of the product is customizing the receiver lug fit for 'perfectness' (I do not know with any certainty, but i assume the invention was spawned by some experience with at least occasional necessity) it does require that you have enough patience and skill to mix the components of JB weld within a sandwich bag, press some hex rods into some receiver grooves, position it, and force yourself to leave it alone for a few hours if not overnight. It is not a super human task, but it does need to be done. It's not rocket science, but it does help if you can read directions and look at pictures.

Or, if you're confident that your receiver follows specifications, you can ask with extra sugar on top to have the lugs pre-installed with verified correct receiver lug geometry, and skip the effort on your part.

Regardless, it would be a whole lot more secure that simply attaching a mount to a stripper clip guide.

that's my input.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts