M14 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to use a quick disconnect feature for my rifle. I plan to use one of the sadlak mounts on my M14 in a SAGE stock, and was wondering if anyone had any feedback pro/cons on which QD rings seem to work best?

·
Registered
221 Posts
ARMS makes them as well. I don't own them, so don't know if they are GTG, but I'm looking that direction for my sage.

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
Arms 22 series rings are great. I've used them for a very long time and never had any issues. The warnes are a good price and hold up well.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I've been using the Leupold QRW rings on a Sadlak mount for 5 or 6 years now and I'm very happy with that set-up.

I can remove the scope to shoot in an iron sights only match, then put it back on and be within 1 MOA.

Rich

·
Registered
63 Posts
+1 on Leupold QRW rings

I've been using the Leupold QRW rings on a Sadlak mount for 5 or 6 years now and I'm very happy with that set-up.

I can remove the scope to shoot in an iron sights only match, then put it back on and be within 1 MOA.

Rich
I mounted a Zeiss Conquest 4-14x44 to a Sadlak mount with a pair of high (.980") QRW rings and like Rich have been pretty happy with them.

After +/-500 rounds I've had no problems with them loosening and I can remove & replace the scope and have it within 1moa.

Don't know if it's really necessary, but I set them up so the levers are on the right hand side and pointing up. I think that they would tend to tighten or rather stay tightened under recoil this way.

The only thing I don't like about them is that the upper strap of the ring is over 180 degrees so you have to sort of spring them onto the scope. I haven't scratched a scope yet but always worry about it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The only thing I don't like about them is that the upper strap of the ring is over 180 degrees so you have to sort of spring them onto the scope. I haven't scratched a scope yet but always worry about it.
I have the some concern about Leupold QRWs, but I've also had the same results (no scratches so far), I just carefully use them. They're also cost effective. I like them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts