M14 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FNG reporting for duty,

I purchased a standard M1A last month and am about 300 rounds down the road. Having a blast so far, but I have noticed some galling inside the receiver in the rear bolt channel (the side opposite the op rod) and was wondering if this is something to worry about, or just part of the process of breaking in. I fear it's the former, but with the relatively loose action of the bolt I could imagine a bit of galling might occurr as the receiver and bolt get to know each other (?). As you can probably tell, I know squat at the moment (yep, another FNG puke ;)) so any words of advise would be appreciated!

btw/ I am using Tetra lube, and have hit all of the important spots... and certainly the bolt channels. As I have read here and in other forums, the rifle was shipped essentially dry.

ST

·
Rest in Peace Federal
10,217 Posts
Welcome to the Firing Line, stoys. :D :D :D I can't help you with your question but I'm sure someone will be along any time now. :) :)

When you get a minute run up to the New Member Check In Forum. You'll find it the third forum down, both Tuna and Duck are reasonably nice guys, well, Tuna anyway. :lol: :lol: :lol:

-

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.