M14 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you think that the receiver plays any role in the potential accuracy of a M14 variant? All things being equal (assuming the receivers are all within spec and are put together by a competent gunsmith) would it make any difference in accuracy with the same parts hanging off of a Springfield, Armscorp, LRB, Smith Enterprise, Entreprise Arms, Fed Ord, Polytech, Norinco, etc., etc. receiver?
My guess is no, but I am curious to hear what others think.

I have no good reason for asking the question. Just a rainy day mind exercise. :?

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
I would speculate that there are ways a receiver affects accuracy. How much is arguable. For instance bolt lock up is important because it must be always consistent to get the best out of a rifle. If the receiver is not machined true and straight or warps a little in heat treat, then I think that could cause a little binding here and there, which might affect bolt lock up.
Secondly each receiver must stretch a little during firing and then spring back, so if it doesnt come right exactly back each time then you have affected accuracy. Lastly your rear sights are mounted to the boss on the receiver and those are important to accuracy. Just my $.02. Let the games begin!!!

·
Registered
545 Posts
I agree with Cheetahman
If the receiver isnt right, straight, rear sight isnt true , or the dimensions arent as they should be , all you have is a very expensive paper weight.
RRVI

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.